User Tag List

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 205 to 221 of 624
  1. #205
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,092
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's extra stiff - yay! Finally, a 900P successor. Unfortunately, this means I'll have to try it...

    "[...] the power just keeps going." The Mythbusters' eyebrows would raise at this.

  2. #206
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,211
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    i dunno about this marketing mumbo jumbo... 19 kg force of impact on the hand of the one receiving the smash...

    then in fine print, it says: at point of string impact... come on yonex, is that the best you can do?

  3. #207
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The power of impact at the hitting point not the feeling of catching a 19kg object. [kgf: kilogram-force]

    If the force really was 19kg of force when the shuttle hit something, that would make the sport extremely deadly =p.

  4. #208
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    It's extra stiff - yay! Finally, a 900P successor. Unfortunately, this means I'll have to try it...

    "[...] the power just keeps going." The Mythbusters' eyebrows would raise at this.
    This is more than 900P Successor

  5. #209
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    klang
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tactim View Post
    The power of impact at the hitting point not the feeling of catching a 19kg object. [kgf: kilogram-force]

    If the force really was 19kg of force when the shuttle hit something, that would make the sport extremely deadly =p.
    hahaha..the sport becoming battle in war.

  6. #210
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud7z View Post
    Ants, sorry for all the hassle, but just to confirm, we do NOT need a picture of ourselves of BC, but we DO on Twitter. Is this correct? Thanks.
    No need photo of yourself on BC. Only on twitter.

  7. #211
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Island
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    i dunno about this marketing mumbo jumbo... 19 kg force of impact on the hand of the one receiving the smash...

    then in fine print, it says: at point of string impact... come on yonex, is that the best you can do?
    Would the translation be, it pancakes the shuttle at 19kg of force?

  8. #212
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    klang
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how to describe the 19 kg. f? it depend the initial speed that u applied right?

  9. #213
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Mark Ham
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Badminton Style Barbie anyone?

  10. #214
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To me the racket-specs seems ok. They more or less fixed the most glaring failures of VT70/80 (the fat-frame), also made it wide and then stiffer and head-havier to better suit stronger players.. I would love to compare it with the new just released Li-Ning N80 which seems to be an even more head-heavy beast :-)

    I am really worried for KKK/TBH though.. If the racket indeed produces as much force as YY marketing and their quotes claim, they must be really getting unfit and poorly trained / out of form as they lost agianst Kim/Kim even with this "amazing" power ... Roll eyes...
    Last edited by twobeer; 02-22-2012 at 05:21 PM.

  11. #215
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,211
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    To me the racket-specs seems ok. They more or less fixed the most glaring failures of VT70/80 (the fat-frame), also made it wide and then stiffer and head-havier to better suit stronger players.. I would love to compare it with the new just released Li-Ning N80 which seems to be an even more head-heavy beast :-)I am really worried for KKK/TBH though.. If the racket indeed produces as much force as YY marketing and their quotes claim, they must be really getting unfit and poorly trained / out of form as they lost agianst Kim/Kim even with this "amazing" power ... Roll eyes...
    I dunno... I think Koo and Tan are probably using them as head heavy training rackets, expensive as that may be.

  12. #216
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FYI, For US, VT-ZF is coming to a store near you some time next week. Just in time for AE.

  13. #217
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    us
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    FYI, For US, VT-ZF is coming to a store near you some time next week. Just in time for AE.
    Yeah, 4U at badmintonavenue.com. Whats with all the 4U that we are getting initially? It seems like we need to do 'special' orders for 3U.

  14. #218
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    maybe it is quite head heavy?

  15. #219
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    England, London
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    apparently less head heavy than VT80

  16. #220
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    maybe you should check this table out?


  17. #221
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    England, London
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i saw that chart too. but i read somewhere here it's less head heavy...but if it's actually more head heavy then i dun think its too good unless ur a constant baseline doubles player ie smashing or clearing for about 70% (or above) of all the shots you make..tbh its off putting to me..also..more head heavy means theres a longer 'lag' in recovering the racket swing after a e.g. big smash, conversely theres less 'feel' for mid and front court shots

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Yonex Voltric 80/ Voltric Z-Force [UK only]
    By monster17 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 4
    : 04-04-2012, 06:21 AM
  2. FS: Yonex Voltric Z force
    By noeltj_22 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 11
    : 03-20-2012, 12:28 AM
  3. Photo review : Yonex Voltric Z-Force (VTZF), Up-close & detailed photos
    By kennee in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 43
    : 03-14-2012, 12:53 AM
  4. **NEW** Yonex VOLTRIC Z FORCE!!
    By AZbadman in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 03-11-2012, 12:54 PM
  5. Exclusive: Yonex Voltric Z-Force review by f1rst
    By f1rst in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 29
    : 02-28-2012, 02:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •