New racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by icecoldcoke, Jan 31, 2012.

1. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

Should a new racket be strung at lower tension before going at high tensions? I saw in other threads that says so..

2. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

not necessarily , if the racket is good quality and can be strung at high tensions then its designed for it no worries

3. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

Victor should be ok right? thanks for the reply ! :D

4. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

victor is a reputable brand man! yeah , loike i said especially if its a good quality racket.

if anything a good thing to do may be to, after you string your racket, to let it settle in with the strings. not to get it strung and start hammering some shuttle right away. i always find it good to let the strins settle , and the head flexes and gets used to the new tension

5. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

yup, victor can stand pretty high. mine's strung at 30lbs.

give it a couple of hours to let it settle, might not affect yours but i restrung 2 rackets at once and on the same day i used them. one snapped on warm-up and the other lasted a few months :p

same rackets/strings/tension so could just be faulty manufacturing or my luck :rolleyes:

6. kiradeathnote

kiradeathnote Regular Member

student
    my opinion about tension is all about with what kind of birdies you play. Nylon i'll say lower tension and with feather higher tension.