ti-10 purple or arc-10?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by milky12388, Jan 31, 2012.

1. milky12388

milky12388 Regular Member

hi guys, i going to change a new racket after death of my mp-99... I would like to seek ur experiences in ti-10 purple and arc-10 during game play...

As short of information pertaining on comparison between ti-10 and arc-10 and budget consideration, i hope someone will share his comments on the stiffness and maneuverability of both racket... thx u so much :)

2. Ultraman

Ultraman Regular Member

Definitely Arc-10.

3. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Ti10 was a great racket, but I would only go for it for collecting purposes. In terms playing capabilities, the ARC10 would be a better choice. It's stiffer, has more power and control, is widely available and has a higher string tension rate. I think the durability of the ARC10 will be better also.

4. fshong

fshong Regular Member

Engineer
    Used an MP99 before some idiot killed it using a VT80 now almost the same but a bit heavy. Wrist hurts a bit after playing but will be better once you get used to the weight.

5. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    no doubt Arc 10 is far away better than Ti 10

6. dollargood

dollargood Regular Member

Arc 10 is better.

7. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

I am currently using Ti 10 purple, wonderful racket, but just slightly too head light.
    If you wanna get a replacement for MP 99, I would recommend you to go for the Arc 10 rather than Ti 10.

As Ti 10 is long shaft and slim frame, whereas Arc 10 has long handle design and thicker frame.
    Arc 10 would be more similar to MP 99

8. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

definitely ARC10

9. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

Very hard to tell which is better as it depends on your style of play and preference. If you want to compare the retail price or the series it belongs to, only then maybe one can say Arc 10 is better :)

Stiffness: Arc 10 is stiff and Ti-10 purple is mid flex in my opinion. Similar to Arc7. I do not know why are there many who say Ti-10 purple is stiff.
    Control: I will give Arc 10 the thumbs up over Ti-10
    Power: Depends on your playing style. I can say Ti-10 is very forgiving and effective. Someone who has a larger, powerful swing (possibly abit of upper arm) may find Ti-10 very easy to wield power over Arc10. Not saying Arc10 isnt powerful. It is just a tad on the stiff side and if you like this style, i will be powerful for you.
    Defence and Maneuverbility: Ti-10 purple wins hands down
    Feel: Depends if you like Stiff vs MidFlex