User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the spirit.

PETALING JAYA: Top women’s singles shuttler Tee Jing Yi is only 21 but she is already a veteran of two Uber Cup campaigns.
    The stocky Jing Yi, who celebrates her birthday today, was a reserve in Indonesia 2008 and played second singles in Malaysia 2010.
    She is hoping her experience will serve her well as she aims to lead Malaysia past the qualifiers which begin in Macau next Monday.
    Malaysia, drawn in a tough Group W with powerhouse China and strong contenders India, face a daunting task in qualifying for the Finals in Wuhan.
    But the draw could be a blessing in disguise as Malaysia only need to beat India in order to qualify for the quarter-finals where they will meet either Indonesia or Thailand — teams that are actually beatable.
    Jing Yi has but one birthday wish — to win the first point for Malaysia in Macau and hand the team a major confidence boost.
    “India will definitely be tough because Saina Nehwal is a very good player but I will try my best to steal the game from her,” said Jing Yi.
    “I might lose, but even if I do I will go down fighting. Hopefully, the rest of the team will have the same fighting spirit and confidence.”
    Jing Yi added that it would be more favourable to meet Thailand in the quarter-finals should they progress from the group stages.
    “Personally, I would prefer In**do*nesia because their singles are weaker. But, as a team, we would be better off facing Thailand because our doubles should have two points in the bag. But we have to worry about advancing from our group first.”
    The Uber Cup squad have a simulation matches today where Jing Yi will take on former men’s back-up shuttler Kuan Kam Chung who is now a sparring partner for the women’s team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those who think Malaysia would not qualify to the TC better take heed of what Sven Pri warned his coach leading up to the epic semi final clash in TC 1976.

Never under estimate the Malaysians. They have tradition and history on their side.

And how right he was. The over confident Danes were bundled out in 1976 by a very young and untested Malaysian side.

The Indonesians were to learn that in 1988.

It is actually better for the other teams to think they can take Malaysia on, a wounded tiger has a nastier and ferocious bite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    To those who think Malaysia would not qualify to the TC better take heed of what Sven Pri warned his coach leading up to the epic semi final clash in TC 1976.

Never under estimate the Malaysians. They have tradition and history on their side.

And how right he was. The over confident Danes were bundled out in 1976 by a very young and untested Malaysian side.

It is actually better for the other teams to think they can take Malaysia on, a wounded tiger has a nastier and ferocious bite.
    Dude, I love your MAS Boleh spirit and harimau optimism, surely NCC needs a dose of this stuff than to wave a surrender flag before the game even starts But Sven Pri was dead. I think the harimau this time is too badly wounded and the ferocious bark sounds like a miao-miao, the goose is cooked, habis.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two oldies reminiscing !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amidst the doom and gloom.. i should say .. we need a little bit of this.. we all know the score, there is no illusions as to where we stand..

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Dude, I love your MAS Boleh spirit and harimau optimism, surely NCC needs a dose of this stuff than to wave a surrender flag before the game even starts But Sven Pri was dead. I think the harimau this time is too badly wounded and the ferocious bark sounds like a miao-miao, the goose is cooked, habis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
    Amidst the doom and gloom.. i should say .. we need a little bit of this.. we all know the score, there is no illusions as to where we stand..
    All in good humour Together we say...yip, yip, hurrah, go MAS go, go Habis go...err I mean, go Hafiz go, we need you to yo-yo up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saina is down, hopefully the ladies can take advantage of this window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

abandon ALL HOPE...!!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post

If you had said that about Indonesia, then yes, I would agree. However applying to Malaysia, it probably is a bit of wistful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if Malaysia get through but they don't seem to have many players capable of causing an upset or reliable 'banker pairs'.

Also in 1976, the Thomas cup was of a different format so there were a lot more permutations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Two oldies reminiscing !!!
    SonnyBoy is reminiscing those good old pre-CHN, pre-KOR days...honestly, MAS would do good this time just to make it to the finals...when HH said at the time he quit BAM is to give the young fellas a chance to shine and now, MAS has to recall HH to play 2nd MS and pray HH yo-yo up on game day and steal a point, and with the 3rd MS is as good as cooked, then MAS is in big trouble...so no more reminiscing those good old days of wooden rackets and all....that NCC chap is telling the rakyat to kiss TC goodbye but it seems some rakyat 'cannot handle the truth', now go get some toddy and be good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default a new frontier for Malaysian ladies badminton team?

It is heartwarming to see such fighting spirit in the Malaysian Team.
    However, I'm really talking about the UBER Cup team.
    Yang Li Lian, down 2-11 in the rubber set, with Malaysia and India tied at 2-2.
    This is the typial scenario for Malaysian teams,in that they will always end up losing because of a lack of mental fortitude.
    Instead, this young 19 y.o lass decides to defy Malaysian "tradition", keeps on fighting with a never-say-die attitude, and comes back to win the rubber set thus earning victory for Malaysia. Well done girls. Fantastic performance.
    Let's hope your male counterparts learn some lessons from you all.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last year in malaysia open
    she too went down 2-11(forget which set) before she beat the veteran japan ws

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Malaysia to beat Korea, Hafiz has to come thru by playing hard and minimize his un-force errors which is very uncharacteristic of him, unfortunately. Hafiz kind of blame his lost to Hu Yun because Hendrawan was not there as coach to calm him down(obviously he was not thrill with Rashid). Uou would think with Hafiz experience, there should be no significant difference who's coaching him? For Hafiz to be a player as he once was, he first has to admit he's not good enough to play with good player with his current form. 2nd, he needs to know the reason of it, lack of work ethics or too lazy!
    Lets hope Hafiz "suddenly" change into a new leaf today and deliver the crucial point.(I know, wishful thinking )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So BAM got something that exceeds their expectation.. Shame on them.. they should target for a spot

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    So BAM got something that exceeds their expectation.. Shame on them.. they should target for a spot
    they should be rewarded for playing above expectation...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I reminiscing or did I wake up in 1976 or 88? Or did I see the ghost of Sven Pri prancing around the Korean coaches saying "I told you so"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I reminiscing or  did I wake up in 1976 or 88? Or did I see the ghost of Sven Pri prancing around the Korean coaches saying "I told you so"?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast