[BAM] Missing out on Thomas Cup Finals no big deal, say BAM

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Preliminary Round 2012' started by rogerv2, Jan 31, 2012.

1. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I almost puked when I read this. A sad day for Malaysian sports when HPT is coming up with statements like this.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/2/1/sports/10612135&sec=sports

PETALING JAYA: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have as good as given up hope on the national team qualifying for the Thomas Cup Finals.

The national body’s High Performance Team (HPT) have made it clear that winning an Olympic gold medal is the main priority and that they will not kick up a fuss if Malaysia fail to qualify for the Thomas Cup Finals.

“The Olympics is the ultimate in every sport and Malaysia has never won a gold medal before. So, it is certainly more important than the Thomas Cup,” said Ng Chin Chai, a member of the three-man HPT.

“It means that we will try our best to qualify for the Finals by sending the strongest possible squad, but if we fail to do it, we will not make a big deal out of it.

“We understand that public sentiment would certainly favour the Thomas Cup but, realistically speaking, we do not really have a team capable of winning.

“It’s best that we do not over-stress the players and focus instead on building a team for the future.”

The Thomas Cup qualifiers will be held in Macau from Feb 13-19 while the Finals will be in Wuhan, China, in May.

World No. 1 men’s singles shuttler Lee Chong Wei is Malaysia’s best bet to win an Olympic gold medal in London in July – and he is also the only shuttler capable of sealing a point from the singles department in the Thomas Cup qualifiers.

Meanwhile, the HPT team of Chin Chai, Wong Ah Jit and Datuk James Selvaraj have also decided to call off the proposed centralised training stint in Kota Kinabalu from Feb 5-11 after receiving negative feedback from coaches and players.

The two-week centralised training for the Thomas and Uber Cup qualifying rounds began at the Juara Stadium on Monday but many coaches and players were unaware of the decision to shift base to Kota Kinabalu in the second week of training.

The decision also stems from the fact that there are no direct flights from Kota Kinabalu to Macau. This would mean the shuttlers will have to fly back to Kuala Lumpur first, thus increasing travelling time.

The teams will now continue training at the Juara Stadium before leaving for Macau on Feb 11.

“It was an oversight on our part because we thought that we could get a direct flight from Kota Kinabalu to Macau,” said Chin Chai.

2. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    This NCC guy is really a big MORON. Thomas Cup does not matter to Malaysia? :eek: Was he born yesterday? Seriously, this guy has no clue at all about what he is saying. Either that, or they are all making excuses in advance in anticipation of Thomas Cup failure.
    Nonetheless, how can such a high-ranking official be saying such things. I think he needs to step down from his position. How does he expect the players to behave now? Or how does he now expect th players to have any spirit or fight left in them? :mad: Players will think that since NCC and BAM don't care about Thomas Cup, why should we try so hard?
    This is a sad day for Malaysia.
    Increasingly, BAM is becoming more and more of a laughing stock.:mad:
    They can continue dreaming about Olympics glory all they want. Basically, if their attitude towards such a historically important tournament is as such, they have lost all credibility. I hope someone comes out and slams this moron in the press.

3. JWhue

JWhue Regular Member

student
    This does not make any sense. If we had a squad capable of winning the Thomas Cup, it means that we would be able to have more contenders for the Olympics, thus increasing our chances of winning an Olympic gold. I'm going to vomit blood and cry myself to sleep tonight, because if this is the attitude, we probably won't win an Olympic gold medal.

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I have been harping for ages that this chap is a stooge. If LCW cannot get gold, another excuse to come to buy time to keep his job. Simply put, this trio have overstay their welcome, just that they do not know when to exit, like they say, power corrupts absolutely. This chap along with the entire entourage (Kenny, Nadmi, Bata James, Ah Jit) are just hanging on to milk the cash cow provided by Maybank. Building a team for the future, there never was a plan. Roll back the clock to the last TC when the same trio said they are building a team to win 2012TC, now cannot even make the final for the first time, surely this idiot cannot blame for lack of funding, it is a case of no planning, just to win the gold and cash in the bonus after all what do you think...this chap is a lawyer and not a ex-baddy player, he has calculated it all that if someone wins the gold and then he can claim all the glory, just as he did to name himself as the manager of MAS 2011 team. The fact that this trio still has a job tells me there is power up the food chain supporting this inept nutcase...just that NCC is visible in the spotlight that we can point a finger.

5. PrimeShuttler

Health Dept
    I may be wrong, but I think that BAM is just making excuses in advance. If they really don't care about winning or qualifying for the Thomas Cup, why not use the opportunity to experiment with more youngsters?
    Why call back Mr.Yoyo Hafiz? Why not let ppl like Zulfadil ZUlkifli play? Why not let more of the younger pairs play also?

6. PrimeShuttler

Health Dept
    Clip from The Star

" The two-week centralised training for the Thomas and Uber Cup qualifying rounds began at the Juara Stadium on Monday but many coaches and players were unaware of the decision to shift base to Kota Kinabalu in the second week of training.
    The decision also stems from the fact that there are no direct flights from Kota Kinabalu to Macau. This would mean the shuttlers will have to fly back to Kuala Lumpur first, thus increasing travelling time.
    The teams will now continue training at the Juara Stadium before leaving for Macau on Feb 11.
    “It was an oversight on our part because we thought that we could get a direct flight from Kota Kinabalu to Macau,” said Chin Chai. "

Somebody please just end our misery and get this MORON out la. :mad:
    What is wrong with these people?!?! :crying:
    Why do they not use their brains? Simple planning logistics also cannot handle.
    Really vomit blood.

7. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

well if someone wins an olympic gold.. some other people might get titles .. datuks.. tan sris..maybe plot of land..

thomas cup win not big a deal,... win before... at the most maybe a national holiday .. wht good is that. .compared to a Tan Sri ship....

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    clever
    of course no big deal
    they still earn big fat money
    kudos!boleh!
    what u can do?the rest of malaysian who concern about our badminton future
    nothing u can do,replying in this thread doesn't help

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Arr...you copy my previous post re Tan Sri, datuks...okay lah, I dunno mention 'plot of land'.

Anyway, NCC is correct to say “The Olympics is the ultimate in every sport and Malaysia has never won a gold medal before. So, it is certainly more important than the Thomas Cup,”.

In that case, so is WC that MAS has never won gold. And MAS is investing Maybank duit and banking heavily on one lone player to win gold in OLY12, just like in WC. And that scrawny chap almost did it in WC11 with 2 match points but kaput. Maybe god is stopping this NCC from achieving his devious scheme;).

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    hahahahahahahahahahaha multiply by infinity.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    oh dear. i am surprised there is no riot in KL because of this

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

PrimeShuttler, these people all have secretaries and PAs to do the planning for them, where they know how to do all this. Kenny Goh on CNY leave, they all just simply only plan, lol.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they plan anything take can earn extra money
    like going to sabah for vacation while player training
    hehe
    end up cancelled,cheh

14. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Man ... it certainly looks like an early excuse in anticipation of the disaster in TC. However when we lose faith, everything goes downhill. I think we can still qualify and there is hope for us until the very last match point is lost.

Another blunder is the Sabah trip, what a bunch of idiots.
    Time to get rid of them.

15. eaglehelang

Well, to be fair, the malay media said one of the reasons for Sabah trip was so that players wouldnt be disturbed by media & certain undesired high power characters(remember what LCW say when Misbun 1st tender resignation). But me thinks it's too near the event to be effective. In TC 2010, the team building thingy was a couple of weeks bf the tournament

16. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Certain high power characters?? What kind of crap excuse is this? Maybe they should ban cellphone and internet to ensure there is no contact at all.
    They cant even plan a trip properly assuming there is direct flight where there is none, how can we expect these idiots to come up with plan to revive MY badminton?

17. eaglehelang

Hahaha, no internet & cellphone signal also, those 'characters' can go down personally to the training centre. Media can shoo away, the characters cannot be shoo away :p:p . Previous years, they did have a camp in a place where phone + internet signal was limited. Boy, after Frederick Tan left, no motivation to plan any camp, if they even know what type of camp to plan :rolleyes:.
    Better get BC members to plan, we more passionate abt Msian badminton, :D

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I also want to puke. If I am Najib. I will fire him. ;)

Beside puking, I also want to put my legs behind his back and shove it hard.

A total mess up. They are just raiding the money from Maybank. I think Maybank should pull the money out. ;)

Teach them a lesson. I think those former winners of TC will puke even more. What do you say Rashid? ;)

19. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    What 'HIGH' performance team is this?:mad::mad::mad:

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad