Li Ning N50 (Broken) Fake or Real ?!

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Mesmy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Mesmy

Mesmy Regular Member

Study
    Here's my story, i purchased three rackets from li-ning like 6 months ago.

I just started playing with my n50 three months ago, so it's about 75~ hours of play.

I was playing simple praticing technique and jump smashing a lot then my racket broke when I was in the air doing my swing, the grip stayed in my hand and the shaft and the head flew and smashed on the floor.

I don't know what to think right now, I checked the serial number and it's a true li-ning racket.

Do I have a guarantee or something ? Is the racket even repairable ?

Thanks

IMG_0501.jpg IMG_0502.jpg IMG_0503.jpg IMG_0500.jpg

2. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

holy! shouldnt you contact the company you bought them from , or li ning themselves about this?

3. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Umm...I can't tell from the pic but...does the shaft extend all the way to the base of the handle? From the 3rd pic (close up of the handle)...it doesn't look like it does. I'm inclined to think it's a fake if it doesn't. Not sure if it is supposed to but I would think it should.

Which shop did you buy it from?

4. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Wow, I saw failure in a red Li Ning racket in KL about a month ago (late dec 2011) which looked just like this. Didnt pay attention to the model at the time, just that it was Li Ning.

The wooden grip snapped open and there was no rod inside. I remember thinking at the time it was strange that there was no central rod extending nearer to the butt.

At the time it was laughed off with clone/cheap jokes despite the owner inisisting it was neither.

At least Li Ning QC department should be interested in these failures.

5. Mesmy

Mesmy Regular Member

Study
    Actually the rod broke too, it was going to at least 1/3 of the wooden grip one part stayed on the top racket as you can see on the picture and the other part of the rod flew i don't know where.

I buyed it from someone i met on Ebay, the serial is scratchable, but the li-ning site to check if it's genuine or not with the code doesn't work right now.

I think li-ning is just kicking in north america, so if I have no more feedback i'll have to go see when stores will open in montreal.

OK, Finally found IT

Im sure I got fake ones, they look exactly like the real ones, the serial is working, everything looks fine, but my n90 does a little sound when I swing the racket and when I flex it, a sound in the shaft ( the rod that bends the wood so my n90 will break too eventually.. so sad

#5 Mesmy, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. vincyboy

vincyboy Regular Member

Wow I was there when its arrived and i dont even thought that can happened !! I've tried these racket and I am completly satisfied. Before Li-Ning I played with an arcsaber 100 and the Li-ning racket is SOOOO better than the arcsaber 100. So if Its a fake i dont imagine what the feelling is with a real one. Finally, I think that is a real one !

7. CanucksDynasty

Do you remember what ebay account/person that sold you the Li-ning? So at least the rest of us can avoid future purchases from him/them?

8. Mesmy

Mesmy Regular Member

Study
    Of course I know it, I messaged him at this subject and sent him the link of this page as a proof, so i'll see what he answers before saying anything wrong. Maybe it's just a poor batch or some **** we'll see.

9. twang338

twang338 Regular Member

Marketing
    The site to check serial number is http://www.li-ning.com.cn/fwcx/

Access from outside of China requires a ".cn"

10. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Just a tip, don't buy from rackets from ebay. Majority of rackets sold on ebay are fake, do not be persuaded by the low price on the racket. There are rackets that are sold on ebay that have a real price but I suggest not to buy it from ebay. Just buy one at certified shops or online shops. I believe badmintoncentral has a list somewhere with listed certified shops in North America, Europe, and Asia(not sure about Asia). Just in case, DO NOT BE PERSUADED BY THE LOW PRICE.

11. Mesmy

Mesmy Regular Member

Study
    I just reentered the code and it's genuine, must be some kind of bad batch, i'm really deceived by li-ning.

12. twang338

twang338 Regular Member

Marketing
    There should be a contact for Li-Ning over in Canada. Maybe you can contact them thru their facebook page and see if you can get some support. http://www.facebook.com/LiNingCanada

13. CanucksDynasty

l read somewhere that the code is useless cuz it can be copied (or something like that).

14. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT

hmm, might want to send that idea over to the "post your racquet numbers here list" ... what a goldmine for pirates!

Imagine that, buyng a fake racket with your own serial number on it.

15. Mesmy

Mesmy Regular Member

Study
    Thanks, i added the li-ning canada page, but you can't send them any message on the page.

The code it's probably impossible cause mine never been entered on the website and i scratched it, i even have the bag and the li-ning authencity card.

Yea, it can certainly work, but they said the last time somebody entered the code was the date I entered it so :p. Nobody could have used this code before me.

I have just to assume li-ning makes poor quality racket..

16. Mesmy

Mesmy Regular Member

Study
    Ok, i'm sending the name of the dealer that sold me the rackets on EBAY.

donyuan47 , he is a fake li-ning seller, so if someone have the name of the thread where the fake sellers are listed, do it !

17. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

A word of caution Be careful when u buy onlineGet from source which u know n trust

18. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Agree! Its too easy to get fakes in real shops already without leaving it to luck online.

Know your supplier.

19. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Have you thrown this racket away ?
    If you still have it you can a handle replacement from mybadmintonstore and take out the broken handle and replace it with the spare handle.
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_29_144&products_id=909

20. JohnDoura_7

JohnDoura_7 New Member

Pretty sure this can be repaired. I don't think the shaft was broken. It still sits well inside the top half of the handle. The shaft didn't run through whole of it u dumb.