Please help and air your views (Rackets recommendation)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Novicee, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys it has been long since I last play badminton but recently looking to get back into it.... for rackets in singapore what are some rackets that are worth taking a look and consider for price that range below $100... a brief explaination of your recommendation will be appreciated... Thanks..... =)

2. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

Welcome back to the game bro .... :)

For the Gurus here to help you ( i'm not one of them :eek: ) , you'll need to furnish them with a wee bit more info ....

For example:

- Skill level?
    - Types of games played? (singles, doubles or mixed?)
    - Preference for Heady heavy, Head light, or Medium balance rackets?
    - Preference for Stiff, Mid, or Flexible shafts?

3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I think the answers on your other thread saying you should look at victor are a good option given your price range

4. pototo

pototo Regular Member

Yes i agree victor is a good choice for that price range, but it all depends on what kind of skill and play level you are in.

5. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    My skill level is intermediate and i play more singles... I have no preference for the head and shaft.... so wat would be good? Victor still? or maybe yonex? or others

6. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

SGD100 you can probably get a Victor SW310 for slightly stiff or Yonex VT5 for medium flex. Both are slightly heavy head which are ideal for singles. I have both somewhere as backup and prefer the SW310.

If you want a balanced racket, I'd say Yonex NS990 is your best bet.

There is always APACS, but you dont get the same torsion control and "feel" as the previous rackets mentioned unless you get the higher end APACS.

7. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    Oh... i rem that .... btw so wat will be ur first choice recommendation? can tell me why too...

i also happen to know some models that are realli cheap like the v basic kind... for those range wat brands are ok?

8. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    For that price range, you either choose YONEX VT 5 or Victor low end. Victor low end is a great choice. Apparently they make good cheap racket. Highend i will definitely go with VT70. Buy hey, cheap racket can be good with good strings. Always restring your racket to your specification to make it great. Arc saber low spec shud be alrite but not recommended.

9. P8nguin

P8nguin Regular Member

Manager
    If you're comfortable with price range of VT5, perhaps you should seriously look at Victor SW310 (which I'm going to buy 1 as backup), Apacs Lethal 70/90 (good attacking racket but towards stiff side), or even Tantrum 200/300 (good all round, more balanced). I had VT7 1st gen. before, similar to VT5 but I find it too flex (of cos this is very personal as I'm used to stiff). Victor are quite good in terms of price vs quality ratio, compared with YY. I have MX70/80, SW37 & most recent BS LYD.

Sorry Novicee, hijack abit :D, anyone happened to use SW350 before? Any comments vs SW310? Thanks

10. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    so for that price range either victor of yonex's rackets those model that ur mention will be a better buy? more value for money ..... so is victor and yonex.... any others?? or those two are the better options

11. P8nguin

P8nguin Regular Member

Manager
    As mentioned earlier, you could look at Apacs too, their popular high end models are $100 +/-, like their latest Tantrum 500, definitely value for money.

12. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i would suggest you to try victor super waves 3250 or 3150... the price is quite reasonable... sw3250 is a flexible racket and 3150 is more stiff... imho,i think low end of victor is better compare to yonex low end.. and the price is ok too

13. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    ooo thanks .... recently got to know abt still got brands like sintec and fly 2000 there own rackets... any views on that for those that are within my budget of about or 100 and below?

btw so rackets like those 16.90 wilson rackets and YY basic models like 700mdm are not realli recommended?

14. P8nguin

P8nguin Regular Member

Manager
    Well, imho, if you do consider resale value, in case you find what you've gotten is not suitable by selling or trading off, then in general I would suggest stick with YY, Victor or Apacs. They're models are more widely used.

15. caspiali

caspiali Regular Member

Student
    My previous experience, Cheap racquet, VICTOR(deliver exceptional experience at low price). Never buy Apac cus its plastic (my perspective).

16. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

Since u have not played for awhile U can try shop for victor racket as they are not that expensive n within your budget while they r goodIf u wan save moneyU can buy 2nd hand racket from forum here.Do a search n slowly find 1 u likeDun rush

17. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    seems like for lower end racket, victor is the better option over yonex and the rest.... guess the price for the quality is better??? will take a look then...

at the mean time if any one have more views or recommendation... feel free...