Ashaway RepulsorTec 850

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mzheng168, Feb 2, 2012.

1. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

hi folks,

i am thinking of buying this Ashaway RepulsorTec 850 racket, just wondering has anybody used this before, any opinions?? thanks

p.s does anybody know where are Ashaway rackets made?

2. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

nobody play with Ashaway these days? :eek:

3. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I own 5 rackets and all are Ashaway. The 850 is a great racket - hands down. I only played with it once but I remember being impressed with it at the time. It's a very light racket with a head-heavy balance, although not as head-heavy as the 950 or the Armortec 700. I found the 950 too 'stiff'. The 850 is still rated 'stiff', but not at stiff as its big brother. I've seen a few online retailers selling it for around the £50-60 mark, which I think is a bargain for such a well made racket. It's also the nicest looking one in the 'Repulsor-Tec' range with its white and blue graphics. I hope this helps. It was over a year ago when I first tried it so it's not as fresh in my mind anymore, otherwise I would have given you a more thorough review.

#3 allyjack110, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  4. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Hi allyjack,

What are your thoughts between the Ashaway Kevlar 7000SQ versus the RepulsorTec 850/950? How they do play compare to each other? Also, can you compare how stiff they play compare to some racquets you have own, just so I can gauge how stiff they play.

Thanks!

Justin

5. allyjack110

I used to own 2 Kevlar 7000SQs but sold them several years ago, whereas I only ever played with the Repulsor-Tec 950/850; therefore I might not be the best person to ask. The Kevlar and Repulsor-tec ranges are head-heavy and considered offensive rackets. Beyond that I am not sure what else I can say; I wouldn't want to give advice on a product that I am not 100% familiar with. I will say that the Repulsor-tec 950 is a very stiff and head-heavy racket - more so than the Kevlar 7000SQ - which is already a stiff and head-heavy racket. Looking back, I was very fond of my Kevlar 7000sq despite eventually selling it. I found it very manoeurvable despite the obvious weight in the head. A great racket.

#5 allyjack110, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  6. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

according to Ashaway.co.uk the Repulsor-tec 950/850 is rated as Stiff but the Kevlar 7000sq is rated as Extra Stiff. So which is stiffer?? thanks

7. allyjack110

mzheng168,

I really don't know. I can't remember the Kevlar 7000 being that stiff. I'm surprised to see that Ashaway UK give it an 'extra stiff rating'. 'Stiff', certainly, but 'extra-stiff' I'm not too sure. The stiffest racket I have ever played with is my current Ashaway Viper Xt900. According to the same website, Ashaway give it a medium-stiff rating which I think is a gross understatement.

I realise that I am not being that helpful, sorry.

#7 allyjack110, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  8. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    allyjack,

Thanks for the info - you have been helpful. At least I can now distinguish that the 950 is head heavier and stiffer than the 7000SQ, and the 7000SQ being on par with the 850 in terms of stiffness and head heaviness.

Justin.

9. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks allyjack,you have been very helpful indeed. thanks

10. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    allyjack,

Last but not least, how stiff does the 7000SQ, 850 and 950 play compared to your Arc 10? (just read a post of yours which you mentioned that you have previously owned an Arc10; assuming you can recall their stiffness)

Thanks!

Justin

11. allyjack110

@ justinwyyau,

Again, I can't really recall the stiffness of the Arcsaber 10. I had two but I sold them last year as I was desperate for the money, but that is another story! I love the Arc 10. I think it is great racket. I never found the stiffness of the shaft an issue. The only rackets I have experienced difficulty with due to their excessive stiffness are my Ashaway Viper XT900s.

What kind of racket are you looking for? I notice that you are based in the Far East. Rackets destined for the UK might be difficult to acquire in Asia, and vice-versa.

12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Hi, I have the repulsor 750 and 850 and I would say both are very stiff compared to other rackets I usually use. They are very good rackets and look amazing. If anyone wants to buy one of them let me know because they have only been used once or twice and are in as new condition. I prefer my victor rackets which are slightly more flexible.

13. Smashthecock

Smashthecock Regular Member

Interior Design
    Hi Dave,

Do you still want to sell the repulsor 850? If so how much?

Thanks
    Jag

14. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Sorry I don't no. All I have at the moment is a head power helix 7000 Teflon+ which I would sell for £27 inc postage and I have a brand new apacs lethal 70 which I would sell for £57 inc postage.