Mississauga courts Airconditioned?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by mindfields, Jul 17, 2003.

1. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Hiya,

Just a quick question about places to play.

I'm gonna be in Missisauga for around 2 weeks & hopefully plan on playing a bit with my younger cousin to see how he's getting along.

Question is what are the facilities like? Are courts generally Air-conditioned?
    Cos I've been there so many times during heatwaves I'd probably collapse if I had to play in 35 degree heat. (I am getting old now!)

I'm London (UK) based & the courts here are like sauna's!

2. Pointfore.Ca

Pointfore.Ca Regular Member

Equipment Reseller
    Hi Mindfields,

You'll find some courts are air-conditioned and some are not but most of them should have A/C... The problem is that there aren't many places to play in Mississauga over the summer. Most of badminton is played in highschool gyms and they have A/C. Community centres are usually air-conditioned as well.

It's really too bad that there aren't any dedicated badminton facilities in Mississauga... But there are some talks of trying to acquire a certain piece building for a dedicated facility. That would just be awesome!

For Mississauga residents wanting more information about the dedicated facility, the dedicated facility will not be acquired until we can convince the city that there is enough interest from the public... BadmintonForum might be a great place to start something.

3. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Well there's not many place to play in Mississauga. The only places I can think of are the YMCA and Frank Mckenie Center. If you need more info, just reply to this post.

4. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Ta, I've done a search & found a few places mentioned.
    Though It seems there's fewer "drop in" places than I thought.

It's just my cousin picked up the sport I was hoping to see how he's progressing.

5. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    There's not many places to play. That's why some of the Mississauga people DRIVE all the way to Scarborough, Markham, and Toronto to play. If you are good and need competition and have a car, I suggest you goto Mandarin, George Brown, or Lee's (but that's a snobby place).
    There's a lot more places to play, like at universites, but I'm not sure if they accept guests or not.