24lbs

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TraineeSneakers, Feb 3, 2012.

1. TraineeSneakers

TraineeSneakers Regular Member

Student
    I have this carbonex 10-tour that i wanna restring. The thing is, i usually play around 24lbs and the recommendation for this racket is only around 16-20. Should i do it, or should i not?

It would be helpful too if u guys can share ur experience in this matter.
    Any fast reply would be also helpful. Thinking of going to the racket store tomorrow.

Thanx, have a nice day.

2. derekso

derekso Regular Member

yea, this stuff is kinda wierd. I've heard of the frame bending due to EXTREME tension. i have the cab 35. the reccomended tension is 18-23 but, i string it 27 bg 85. it looks fine to me =D. i'm no expert but i'm just showing you an example. Its RECCOMENDED to do 30mins of badminton and rest. would you? =)

3. TraineeSneakers

TraineeSneakers Regular Member

Student
    30 mins? hell no. haha
    its good to hear someone owns a Cab 35. I also have one, but i dnt use it too much now. I am used to it before this, but that was before i had an Arc 10 :p
    My friend still likes it though :)

The sad thing is that my arc-10 is completely broken now. I bought it secondhand for a good value because it had a crack at its twelve (position lol). It was all fine till i hit a birdie right at the frame crack and caused it to completely crushed and bend lol.

The cab 10 (2u) has a nice weight to it, almost completely like arc 10 but a lil bit head heavy. This might sounds impossible but im thinking of it to become the replacement for my arc-10 :p

With all of this been said, i think im gonna string it at 24 lol. Its either 24 or nothing at all @_@