User Tag List

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 426 to 442 of 547
  1. #426
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nauroa View Post
    Very nice review LD rules!
    But now I gotta try one I'm afraid...
    Go for it! if I remember correctly, you were using 85g 290mm for your pro9000, so do like me and take a 295mm 85g XP70.

    Just don't take all of them, leave some for me!

  2. #427
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    resistance is futile ....hopefully ill be reviewing one at then end of the week... compared to mx70, pro 9000 of same specs
    I knew you couldn't resist

  3. #428
    Regular Member Nauroa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen - Denmark
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Go for it! if I remember correctly, you were using 85g 290mm for your pro9000, so do like me and take a 295mm 85g XP70.Just don't take all of them, leave some for me!
    You are very right sir. Sounds like a sound advise. I'll go for that along with a restock on grips.

  4. #429
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,130
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Found the perfect shoe to match the xp70... victor sh9000ace-g

    Last edited by visor; 12-24-2012 at 05:37 PM.

  5. #430
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forza already had a shoe that suited the XP-70 Name:  forza.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  39.7 KB

  6. #431
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FORZA, you win the 1st game (21-19)

  7. #432
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just receive my xp80... Hope to go home soon for some dry swing on the racket...

  8. #433
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK.. Finally got some hits from the racket.. When the racket came with default grip and string, the bp about 300mm. After which I removed the default grip and put on G08 with some personal add ons ending with BP of 293+-1mm.

    Specs:
    86g, 295mm bp, XP-80, BG66UM @24.5

    Flex: Stiff to least stiff
    XP-80, BS09, N80. (the difference between XP80 and BS09 is only a tad higher.. maybe about 5 to 10% higher)

    Head heaviness: Not super head heavy like N90 or AT900p. More like how victor makes its own racket. the weight distribution is through out the whole racket.

    Power(from just hitting onto the air from down to up): N80>XP80>BS09 (difference between N80 and XP80 is not too much but there is a big difference from XP80 to BS09. I am basing this on the height i can get from hitting upwards using a backhand grip)

  9. #434
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bucsy,
    Can you compare xp80 to rkep6000?

    Regards

  10. #435
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    XP70
    83g 295mm BP with YONEX BG66UM string at 25lbs

    review of Gary from Mississauga Canada:
    I apologize if I'm not very descriptive and I'm only a beginner/immediately badminton player, but I'll do my best. :P
    I'll need to provide a little background, I believe I use more of my arm to generate racquet speed than my forearm, and without large muscles, my racquet speed would probably be average at best.
    I found the perfect racquet in the RKEP6000, so I actually bought 3 of those from you Before that, I was using the Black Knight Superlight Photon XL, and even though it was a stiff shaft racquet, it was super head light. I found the RKEP 6000 made everything easier and better. Clears and smashes with the RKEP 6000 are more powerful and effortless, net shots are about on par with the Photon.

    I had asked for the same string setup as my RKEP6000's (i.e. BG66UM @ 25 lbs and overgripped with powergrip), just so that I could minimize as many variables as possible. When I picked up the XP70 and swung it around, I immediately felt the stiffness of the shaft. It is much stiffer than the RKEP 6000. Also, even though one of the RKEP 6000 I purchased also had the same balance point, the XP70 somehow felt head heavier. When I was warming up, drives seemed more powerful and drops were about the same. Clearing was definitely more powerful, but I had to adjust the timing to be able to hit with the sweet spot. Also, I felt more tired after clearing compared to the RKEP 6000. When practising smashes, the XP70 was definitely more powerful, but again, timing was off and I needed to take some time to adjust. I was getting more power but not enough angle (i.e. going too straight), so I assume I'm hitting the shuttle too late compared to the RKEP 6000. When playing in game and adjusting to the racquet a bit after warming up, it felt pretty comfortable. Defense was not an issue, as the racquet is still very light.

    I asked my girlfriend to try out the racquet and give her impression too, to give you more feedback. A little background on her too, she used to use the Photon XL as well, but switched to a Li-ning N90 II S type. I had purchased that Li-ning racquet to try and found it is too heavy and tiring to use, and could not generate any power out of it. She tried it and fell in love :P When she tried out the XP70, she said it felt lighter than her racquet, and after hitting around (drives, clears, smashes), she said she liked the racquet much better than the RKEP 6000, and the vibration was a lot less. From my point of view, her smashes and clears were on par with the Li-ning. And she also mentioned that she seemed less tired after using the XP70 when compared to the Li-ning.

  11. #436
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Found the perfect shoe to match the xp70... victor sh9000ace-g

    Those look awesome....shame they won't ever get here :/

  12. #437
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squash Eric View Post
    XP70
    83g 295mm BP with YONEX BG66UM string at 25lbs

    review of Gary from Mississauga Canada:
    I apologize if I'm not very descriptive and I'm only a beginner/immediately badminton player, but I'll do my best. :P
    I'll need to provide a little background, I believe I use more of my arm to generate racquet speed than my forearm, and without large muscles, my racquet speed would probably be average at best.
    I found the perfect racquet in the RKEP6000, so I actually bought 3 of those from you Before that, I was using the Black Knight Superlight Photon XL, and even though it was a stiff shaft racquet, it was super head light. I found the RKEP 6000 made everything easier and better. Clears and smashes with the RKEP 6000 are more powerful and effortless, net shots are about on par with the Photon.

    I had asked for the same string setup as my RKEP6000's (i.e. BG66UM @ 25 lbs and overgripped with powergrip), just so that I could minimize as many variables as possible. When I picked up the XP70 and swung it around, I immediately felt the stiffness of the shaft. It is much stiffer than the RKEP 6000. Also, even though one of the RKEP 6000 I purchased also had the same balance point, the XP70 somehow felt head heavier. When I was warming up, drives seemed more powerful and drops were about the same. Clearing was definitely more powerful, but I had to adjust the timing to be able to hit with the sweet spot. Also, I felt more tired after clearing compared to the RKEP 6000. When practising smashes, the XP70 was definitely more powerful, but again, timing was off and I needed to take some time to adjust. I was getting more power but not enough angle (i.e. going too straight), so I assume I'm hitting the shuttle too late compared to the RKEP 6000. When playing in game and adjusting to the racquet a bit after warming up, it felt pretty comfortable. Defense was not an issue, as the racquet is still very light.

    I asked my girlfriend to try out the racquet and give her impression too, to give you more feedback. A little background on her too, she used to use the Photon XL as well, but switched to a Li-ning N90 II S type. I had purchased that Li-ning racquet to try and found it is too heavy and tiring to use, and could not generate any power out of it. She tried it and fell in love :P When she tried out the XP70, she said it felt lighter than her racquet, and after hitting around (drives, clears, smashes), she said she liked the racquet much better than the RKEP 6000, and the vibration was a lot less. From my point of view, her smashes and clears were on par with the Li-ning. And she also mentioned that she seemed less tired after using the XP70 when compared to the Li-ning.
    Eric,

    Thank you for the post!

  13. #438
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VICTOR Taiwan start to offer this shoes in Feb

  14. #439
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much will they cost? Gonna need a replacement for my Yonex soon if History is any indication...

  15. #440
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    such a shame I wear 12,5-13 US size shoes..... sh9000ace look so damn good

  16. #441
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    such a shame I wear 12,5-13 US size shoes..... sh9000ace look so damn good
    Victor shoes are about half a size bigger than Yonex, sometimes one. I need 46 in Yonex shoes and can wear the 45,5 Victor....they also have the best sole I've ever worn, with good dampening yet they are very flat and direct. When I changed back to Yonex shoes I had knee and ankle pain for about 3 weeks - despite the sole being thicker (both SHB86 and SHF1M) the feel is much harder and the thicker sole makes for a less direct contact....but Victor Europe is really crappy, they ordered a whole 12 pairs of the 9000 for all of Germany in December (for the next quarter). :/ I was somewhere at No 18 or 19 in the pre-order list....needless to say, I cancelled that order.


    That being said, back to topic - I couldn't fight my GAS [gear aquisition syndrome] and ordered 2 XP70s as a kind of Christmas present to myself....here's hoping to a speedy delivery, after all I would love to test them before our next matches (would need 2 weeks for that - 1 week to test, 1 week to get used to my usual rackets again). As always, dispatch was rather speedy and I love the confirmation mail on dispatch which includes pictures of the order. Very cool. Keep up this kind of service and -if the rackets are satisfying- you might earn a lucrative customer (the 25$ postage are a pain though).

  17. #442
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Victor shoes are about half a size bigger than Yonex, sometimes one. I need 46 in Yonex shoes and can wear the 45,5 Victor....they also have the best sole I've ever worn, with good dampening yet they are very flat and direct. When I changed back to Yonex shoes I had knee and ankle pain for about 3 weeks - despite the sole being thicker (both SHB86 and SHF1M) the feel is much harder and the thicker sole makes for a less direct contact....but Victor Europe is really crappy, they ordered a whole 12 pairs of the 9000 for all of Germany in December (for the next quarter). :/ I was somewhere at No 18 or 19 in the pre-order list....needless to say, I cancelled that order.

    Well I think the maximum size they have is 11.5, so with what you said, it could be 12 to 12.5 at best, which is still taking a risk unless I find someone to sell them to afterwards.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Rkep Pro 9000 Badminton Racket (San Jose, CA)
    By johnnxiv in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 04-08-2012, 05:57 PM
  2. FS: Nanoray 700 RP, RKEP Pro 9000 & RKEP 6000
    By a|extan in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 03-04-2012, 03:31 AM
  3. FS: RKEP Pro6000, Pro9000 (Singapore) 【※PROMO※】
    By istringforyou in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 03-01-2012, 12:45 PM
  4. RKEP AT800P - A Surprisingly Good Racket
    By cycilver in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 18
    : 07-24-2011, 03:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •