User Tag List

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for stealing your template Frosty but it looked good.

This is only an initial impression of the RKEP PRO 9000 after a 2 hours training session yesterday. I bought both the 9000 and 6000 and once Iíve have more time with both a full review can be written.

Initial Impression of the RKEP PRO 9000

One ting that made me want try this racket was the fact that I could pretty much tailor the spec to suit my style of play, something that has been a problem when buying rackets online.
    Big props to Eric for making this possible.

Specs
    =====
    Dry specs I asked for: 85g / 290mm
    Dry specs I got (plastic on handle removed ) : 85.35g ~291mm

Wet weight I was aiming for: 95g / 290mm
    Wet weight I got after strings and grip was applied: 95.05g / ~290mm

Right where I wanted it!

Stringing
    ==========
    Got the RKEP PRO 9000 strung @ 25lbs with my favourite string the BG80.

Hitting time
    ==========
    Wow, what power! That was literally the first thought that went through my mind when I started hitting with this racket. I have never been much of smasher since I have always felt that my smash was so weak that it did more bad than good for me.
    But with this racket I kind of feel like Iím cheating on it if I donít unleash the power through some smashed every now and then.
    My full body smashes was powerful and often resulted in weak returns from my opponent and my half smashes/ stick smashes were sharp as hell and often caught my opponent off guard.
    The power also enabled me to recover and reset rallies from difficult positions in the backcourt, when the shuttle had actually gone past me. Something I have not been able to successfully do with my other rackets.

Needless to say baseline to baseline clears was a breeze.

My touchshot at the net was not optimal for the first 1Ĺ hour but towards the end of the session they stared to feel about better, so the jury is still out on how this feels, until I have had some more playing time with it.

Defending has much like my touchshot at the net. In the beginning my timing wasnít too good but after almost two hours it had improved some. Jury still out on this one as well

No doubt that defence and manoeuvrability of the racket was not as good as i.e. Victor BS series, but that is to be expected, and in no way did it feel bad.

Final thoughts from my first encounter with the RKEP PRO 9000 is that it feels very solid, and provided me with a so far unseen amount of power.
    This could easily turn into my go to singles racket if it keeps improving in the finesse areas as I get more and more use to it.

Regards,
    Morten

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicely reviewed Morten, looking forward to your thoughts on the 6000

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My turn at reviewing the Pro 9000!

Background:
    Ok, so I got sucked into buying this racket 2 weeks ago. I was looking for the recently released SW30 in 4U form and it so happened that Eric also had the 6000 and 9000 released at the same time, so since the 9000 and SW30 both have the same specs and the box had room for another racket, I thought wth, try one out.

And I'm glad I did... because after playing with both for 3 hrs and despite both having almost identical specs, I actually like the 9000 more!

A bit about myself: advanced intermediate all-around doubles, tactical style, prefer stiff rackets with dry specs of 85-86g with slight head heaviness around 292-295mm bp.

Current go-to is MX80 (85.1g, bp 293mm). For the occasional singles, I switch to a 4U VT80 (82.9g , bp 310mm!)

Specs of 9000:
    85.7g, bp 294mm dry
    Strung with my favourite VS850 at 24 lbs

(in comparison, the SW30 is almost the same at 85.3g, bp 295mm and is also strung the same)

Dry swinging:
    The 9000 had more air resistance when swinging thru the air when compared to MX80 and SW30. It sounded like it was slower, most likely due to the box frame cross section design ... but when actually playing, it was more maneuverable than the SW30!

Playing time:

Amazingly it only took me all of 5 minutes to adapt to the 9000, while I'm not sure even if I can adapt to the SW30.

Power is effortless. Clears, smashes, drives all very easily accesible and user friendly. Very easy to hit crisply and cleanly. Power shots feel solid and meaty.

Shaft during playing feels stiffer than SW30 but not as stiff as the super stiff MX80.

Accuracy is amazing during blocks, and especially drives. The frame provides a very stable and solid hit and the stiff shaft helps in this regard.

Feel is very important to me in my tactical plays and this racket has a nice direct and immediate feel. Not as excellent as MX80 mind you, but still much better than the SW30. IMO, the stiff shaft and the 76 hole system (with less shared holes up top) contributes to this great feel. This gives great confidence in net play, drops, slices, defensive blocks.

Maneuverability and defence is great. More maneuverable than the aero framed SW30. I totally forgot it is a box frame design while playing!

Overall:
    An excellent racket! And at such a steal too!
    I might just pick up another heavier and head heavier one for singles play!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Overall:
    An excellent racket! And at such a steal too!
    I might just pick up another heavier and head heavier one for singles play!
    I'd didnt want to mention value for money since some thinks it's a "if-it-wasn't-cheap-it-wasn't-good" stamp, which absolutely isn't true.
    I just ordered 3 more RKEP PRO 9000 before people catch hold of how nice it is and the price goes up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any distinct chinese metaphoric "feel" to RKEP rackets? Eg. yonex bouncy, victor small wood, li-ning big wood, etc... lol

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    Is there any distinct chinese metaphoric "feel" to RKEP rackets? Eg. yonex bouncy, victor small wood, li-ning big wood, etc... lol
    I would say "bouncy". It is quite repulsive... and I don't mean ugly.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nauroa View Post
    I'd didnt want to mention value for money since some thinks it's a "if-it-wasn't-cheap-it-wasn't-good" stamp, which absolutely isn't true.I just ordered 3 more RKEP PRO 9000 before people catch hold of how nice it is and the price goes up.
    Wha!? I better order mine soon before he runs out of my specs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I would say "bouncy". It is quite repulsive... and I don't mean ugly.
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnice.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wish Eric would do his own graphic designs.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I just wish Eric would do his own graphic designs.
    perhaps you can offer your services to eric

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that design-wise they could be prettier, but personaly I go for playability over looks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't. If it doesn't have the looks, I don't like to play with it...which equals low playability

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was bugging Maklike because I know he's a graphic designer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Finally I got chance to try RKEP Pro6000 (87g, 290mm). The first impression was the paint of racket; RKEP did improve their paint job. I could tell itís a high-end racket. When I hold it, I felt... a little bit heavier, but it was easy to swing it. I play double most of time now. For the clear and net lift, probably because the head heavier and flex shaft, it made easy to do it. When I did the slow drop shot, it was just nice and surprised close to the net. I am not a big smasher, but when I did, it was just right and clear. For the net shot, it took few shots to adopt it and it wasnít long. The more I play, the more I like it. I am glad I found one of my favourite rackets. In general, itís a racket very easy to use it and you can adopt it quickly.
    Above was just my personal opinions and favour, I hope you can find your Mr. One soon!
    Best Regards!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(post for minmax123456 Canada QC)
    RKEP
    PRO6000
    Hello Finally I got chance to try RKEP Pro6000 (87g, 290mm). The first impression was the paint of racket; RKEP did improve their paint job. I could tell it’s a high-end racket. When I hold it, I felt... a little bit heavier, but it was easy to swing it. I play double most of time now. For the clear and net lift, probably because the head heavier and flex shaft, it made easy to do it. When I did the slow drop shot, it was just nice and surprised close to the net. I am not a big smasher, but when I did, it was just right and clear. For the net shot, it took few shots to adopt it and it wasn’t long. The more I play, the more I like it. I am glad I found one of my favourite rackets.

In general, it’s a racket very easy to use it and you can adopt it quickly.
    Above was just my personal opinions and favour, I hope you can find your Mr. One soon!
    Best Regards!

YC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awaits second batch red/black color for 6000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just received my Pro 6000, 9000 and AT800P today, i can't wait to string and play them. Thanks Eric for the fast service

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast