User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 29 of 29
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Khonkean, Khon Kaen, Thailand, Thailand
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    How did Zhao's win over Yang Yang make Chiina allow Malaysian visit China?

    Also give me a hint. Why is that relevant to Malasian being able to visit China.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Before Yang Yang was beaten, we malaysians were prohibited to go to China. Do you recall that?
    After Yang2 was beaten in 1990 Asian Games by Zhao, it's the very time we were allowed to visit China until today? Have you observed that?

    Actually, Yang2 been beaten was probably not the reason that the gov lifted the ban to visit China. It has been decades that Malaysians were banned from going to China. If you ask me when were we allowed to visit China, it is also right to say after Yang2 was beaten, the door to China was opened for us.

    So if anyone were to ask me since when malaysians were able to go China, I can say after Yang2 was beaten by Zhao in 1990. Just ask yourself if you were able to buy air-ticket to China before he was beaten?

  3. #20
    Regular Member soulless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugene_wong View Post
    Before Yang Yang was beaten, we malaysians were prohibited to go to China. Do you recall that?
    After Yang2 was beaten in 1990 Asian Games by Zhao, it's the very time we were allowed to visit China until today? Have you observed that?

    Actually, Yang2 been beaten was probably not the reason that the gov lifted the ban to visit China. It has been decades that Malaysians were banned from going to China. If you ask me when were we allowed to visit China, it is also right to say after Yang2 was beaten, the door to China was opened for us.

    So if anyone were to ask me since when malaysians were able to go China, I can say after Yang2 was beaten by Zhao in 1990. Just ask yourself if you were able to buy air-ticket to China before he was beaten?
    Interesting observation but you did not address the questions of the previous posters. There maybe other things that happened in 1990 that caused the changed, maybe politics like you said, which really defeats what you said earlier. The mere correlation is rather meaningless. This is like saying the one day I bought chocolate ice cream, Fidel Castro had a stroke. So me buying chocolate ice cream led to Castro's stroke. This nonsense of course, and it caricaturises your argument (I apologize).
    Last edited by soulless; 04-12-2012 at 12:49 AM.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugene_wong View Post
    Before Yang Yang was beaten, we malaysians were prohibited to go to China. Do you recall that?
    After Yang2 was beaten in 1990 Asian Games by Zhao, it's the very time we were allowed to visit China until today? Have you observed that?

    Actually, Yang2 been beaten was probably not the reason that the gov lifted the ban to visit China. It has been decades that Malaysians were banned from going to China. If you ask me when were we allowed to visit China, it is also right to say after Yang2 was beaten, the door to China was opened for us.

    So if anyone were to ask me since when malaysians were able to go China, I can say after Yang2 was beaten by Zhao in 1990. Just ask yourself if you were able to buy air-ticket to China before he was beaten?

    Are you sure Maylaysians were not allowed to visit China before 1990?

  5. #22
    Regular Member uselessmail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    Are you sure Maylaysians were not allowed to visit China before 1990?
    Found some information regarding that here...
    http://www.mbts.com.my/about.php


    Although Malaysia and China established diplomatic relations in 1974, the relationship then was confined to official exchanges only while Malaysian citizens besides those aged 60 and above, were not allowed to visit China. In the early 1980’s, China gradually opened its door and Sino-Malaysian relations moved closer. Dato’ Ng Kek Kiong saw the opportunities and decided that it was time to make an entry into the China travel market.

    In 1989, MBTS became the first travel company to be licensed by the Home Ministry to organize tours to China for Malaysian citizens who were 30 years and above. In the following year, it again became the first travel company to be given approval by the Home Ministry to sponsor Chinese citizens for visit to Malaysia.

  6. #23
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yang2 got beaten and china open gate? This is only pure coincidence but it's still no wrong to say that. It's just confusing reader only actually I had a hard time trying to figure out their relation..

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Yang2 got beaten and china open gate? This is only pure coincidence but it's still no wrong to say that. It's just confusing reader only actually I had a hard time trying to figure out their relation..
    It is just coincidence that both events occurred in the same year. From memory, I think it is Mahathir embracing China that opened the path for malaysians to visit CHN, it it is economic decision to access the CHN market. Also, CHN is longer MAO's china and fear of communism, it is communist in name but capitalist in governance, and no turning back as I see it.
    Now, back to YY and LD....you played YY and beat the crap out of him (I think you said that in your post, correct me if I am wrong) so who is better?

  8. #25
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    It is just coincidence that both events occurred in the same year. From memory, I think it is Mahathir embracing China that opened the path for malaysians to visit CHN, it it is economic decision to access the CHN market. Also, CHN is longer MAO's china and fear of communism, it is communist in name but capitalist in governance, and no turning back as I see it.Now, back to YY and LD....you played YY and beat the crap out of him (I think you said that in your post, correct me if I am wrong) so who is better?
    Ya, I played yang2 before but to beat the crab out of him I need your extra legs, OTB

    ... on conditions they run like usain bolt

    yang2 has a lot of back court deceptions and fast rallies.

    He smashes a lot and flips back court real fast which he kept continuing so in the end I drop dead

    Playing with him was lucky I didn't get much wrong footed and I blamed those Bata shoes while he was using dragon fly brand hahaha.

    To cut story short, for him he was running at a pace of say, 5mph while I was sprinting my 15s 100m dash

    .... all the way ..puff puff .
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 04-13-2012 at 12:55 PM.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Ya, I played yang2 before but to beat the crab out of him I need your extra legs, OTB

    ... on conditions they run like usain bolt

    yang2 has a lot of back court deceptions and fast rallies.

    He smashes a lot and flips back court real fast which he kept continuing so in the end I drop dead

    Playing with him was lucky I didn't get much wrong footed and I blamed those Bata shoes while he was using dragon fly brand hahaha.

    To cut story short, for him he was running at a pace of say, 5mph while I was sprinting my 15s 100m dash

    .... all the way ..puff puff .
    So the dragon fly won....hahaha!!!

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    17,684
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very interesting thread to read, really enjoy it, you guys are fun.

    For me,if I compare all three,namely Lin Dan,Zhao Jianhua and Yang Yang, at their best, I would rate them in the order I mentioned. But actually it's fairer and more realistic to compare ZJH ang YY with each other as they belong to the same era than to compare either one with Lin Dan of a different era.

    Personally,I first took up badminton as a boy thanks to ZJH whose beautiful attacking play coupled with a lot of deception bedazzled and stirred my enthusiasm. YY is less deceptive,more mechanical but no less lethal in his smashes and generally more consistent than the electrifying,more temperamental ZJH.

    As for Lin Dan, I would venture to say he is the reborn ZJH minus the inconsistency or I would say he combines the best of both ZJH and YY,wow!

    So, for me at least, 1st Lin Dan,2nd Zhao Jianhua,3rd Yang Yang as far as these three are concerned. And overall,Lin Dan is The Greatest of All Time !

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Very interesting thread to read, really enjoy it, you guys are fun.

    For me,if I compare all three,namely Lin Dan,Zhao Jianhua and Yang Yang, at their best, I would rate them in the order I mentioned. But actually it's fairer and more realistic to compare ZJH ang YY with each other as they belong to the same era than to compare either one with Lin Dan of a different era.

    Personally,I first took up badminton as a boy thanks to ZJH whose beautiful attacking play coupled with a lot of deception bedazzled and stirred my enthusiasm. YY is less deceptive,more mechanical but no less lethal in his smashes and generally more consistent than the electrifying,more temperamental ZJH.

    As for Lin Dan, I would venture to say he is the reborn ZJH minus the inconsistency or I would say he combines the best of both ZJH and YY,wow!

    So, for me at least, 1st Lin Dan,2nd Zhao Jianhua,3rd Yang Yang as far as these three are concerned. And overall,Lin Dan is The Greatest of All Time !
    Very few people will disagree with you.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Before considering Lin Dan is the greatest, let's not forget Morten Frost. We are not only talking about China. Frost was a superb stroke player and made the least mistake. He was also good in defense.

    Zhao has killer shots but he made the most mistakes. That's why sometimes he lost to low ranked player when his mistakes were as much as his fantastic killer shots. Besides he was also poor in defense.

    As for Yang Yang, he made less mistakes but more than FRost, not so weak in defense compared with zhao and great smashes and good in stroke play too, almost on par with FRost.

    It would be nice to watch Lin Dan versus Frost.......i think it is 50-50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Ashaway, Prince, Pro Ace, Yang Yang & Yonex Racquets at Cheap Prices. (S'pore & JB)
    By Iffara in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 10-18-2012, 07:44 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    : 07-22-2011, 03:59 AM
  3. yang yang nanosensation 100 - I want a light, powerful racket with good feel
    By kirbosmash in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 06-13-2009, 01:02 AM
  4. FS : Yang-yang Nano Sensation 100 and Yonex Armortec 70MG MALAYSIA KL
    By exxn0mercy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 12
    : 06-04-2009, 01:37 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    : 02-19-2006, 10:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •