User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 29
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink Lin Dan vs Yang Yang: Relative strengths and weaknesses??

    I want to know more about some of the legends in badminton history.

    Compared to Lin Dan, what did Yang Yang do better or worse and also, what are the relative weaknesses of both players?

    I'm guessing some of you guys will really know your stuff, so I'm looking forward to seeing what analysis will come!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Island
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I want to know too, hope to hear the answers here. I have actually no idea about Yang Yang except that the name is legendary in its own merit.

  3. #3
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,854
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lindan is a reborn from Yang2.

  4. #4
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A reborn? Maybe because both of them originated from China

    and they do have some similarity in their stroke.

    Speed wise on court I am quite sure Lin Dan is faster

    and sorry Yang Yang if you are reading .

    Btw, I have played with Yang2 before,

    not a full game but enough for me to find out what badminton is all about .
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 02-14-2012 at 11:23 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    quite impossible to compare

    they r great in their own way..

    have any1 compare... lin dan with zhao jian hua?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,651
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both of them don't have any weakness. Only difference is one is 3 inches taller. If not because of Zhao Jian Hua, Yang Yang would have been as dominated as Lin Dan.

  7. #7
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yang2 style of play has a bit more rallies but he did attack a lot with his fantastic cross court smashes. Zhao JH is a faster paced player, very deceptive with lots of attacks. Actually both are good in their on way but Yang2 is known to be more consistent than Zhao.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    A reborn? Maybe because both of them originated from China

    and they do have some similarity in their stroke.

    Speed wise on court I am quite sure Lin Dan is faster

    and sorry Yang Yang if you are reading .

    Btw, I have played with Yang2 before,

    not a full game but enough for me to find out what badminton is all about .


    And you beat the ying yang out of yang yang



    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Yang2 style of play has a bit more rallies but he did attack a lot with his fantastic cross court smashes. Zhao JH is a faster paced player, very deceptive with lots of attacks. Actually both are good in their on way but Yang2 is known to be more consistent than Zhao.
    And more healthier than ZJH.

  9. #9
    Regular Member betazone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I totally disagree when comparisons are done based on speed and power, because the training done now for players are totally different from last time. It is just like saying, is Bolt faster than Carl Lewis ?????

  10. #10
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by betazone View Post
    I totally disagree when comparisons are done based on speed and power, because the training done now for players are totally different from last time. It is just like saying, is Bolt faster than Carl Lewis ?????
    Your point maybe right but I don't think the training is totally different

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Island
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LD vs YY vs ZJH, interesting to know that they are right up there.

    No way to find out now. But maybe if they can be graded on how good they are by coaching the next generation and see who has the better system and who can produce more champions.

  12. #12
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,854
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How you wish to have a slumber party with all these greats huh? lol.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not possible to compare them both in words since both of them has their own strength and weakness in their own existing ways. When i watch YY plays numerous time live while Rothman's or Alba was one of the sponsor, he's an efffective, fast moving, attacking machine from the beginning till the end and above all, what actually make's him fearsome was his smash preparation.......fast in moving into position then......BOOOM, a powerfull and steep smash delivered. Not much of deceptive type, just pure fast and kill type of smash.

    Meanwhile....(since ZJH also being mention here), if you work in a hazard - control dept and ordered to pin a warning sign at ZHJ back then....only two word suitable this player........."Warning : extremely deceptive". His net play, his smash, his drop,his eyes.......all can come into one agonising and clueless manouever that will make his opponent knees and back suffer but magestic to view from the eyes of the spectator. He's fast but not as fast as YY and since he is very tall, he compensate his sluggishness with his long reach.

    LD.....what more can we say about him. He's deceptive especially his smash (and that is his trademark) and his also lightning fast. When he leaps into the air, i bet either you can guess 100% correct where he's going to smash or 50% correct or none at all (which the later 2 will be the most likely.....and just imagine if you're his opponent). Clueless like when ZJH leaps. Other than Dato', his footwork movement is lightning fast. At one point he's in a diving position after retrieving a smash then out of no where he's in the air already doing a smash himself!.

  14. #14
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,854
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes. YY is a no nonsense guy with the bam bam. ZJH is a nonsense guy with all the tricks.

    LD is both a no nonsense (when he wins) and a nonsense guy (when he gives walk overs and not felt like playing). A complete package. lol.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Khonkean, Khon Kaen, Thailand, Thailand
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would not compare them in term of skill and ability as I believe we can not compare them when there differences in the playing system. Yang2 will be less fast because he play in the serve for point system while LD plays in a rally point system. Physically LD is more strengh as I notice Yang2 can be weaker when the match last long. Consistently, Yang2 has more stability while LD is more on a moody basis. Sportmanshiply, Yang2 is more polite and calm, and with sportmanship characteristic.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yang Yang can leap higher and his smashes were more deadly than LD. You can lift the shuttle high over his head and he had the ability to quickly reverse and unleash a deadly leaping smash. That was how he beat a top form Frost 15-2 in first game in world championship &nbsp;87. His jump was very high, higher than LD.<br><br>However, he didn't smash often when facing less formidable opponents though his smashes are deadly. He often appeared to give chance to his opponents by not fighting hard. Once he decided to win, it was often smooth sailing.<br><br>LD seems to be more muscular and stronger but not as springy as Yang Yang. Yang2 is like a spring. In term of speed, they are almost the same.&nbsp;<br><br>If I put zhao into the pic, then at his best form, nobody even LD could match him. Nobody could play the kind of game he played....just look at AE in 85 and AE final in 1990. He just outclassed his opponent.<br><br>Yang2 was almost unbeatable during his &nbsp;peak. For Malaysians, do you remember that we were not allowed to go to China? So since when we have been allow? Thanks to Zhao! After he managed to beat Yang2 in Asian Games, we were allow to visit China!!

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugene_wong View Post
    Yang Yang can leap higher and his smashes were more deadly than LD. You can lift the shuttle high over his head and he had the ability to quickly reverse and unleash a deadly leaping smash. That was how he beat a top form Frost 15-2 in first game in world championship &nbsp;87. His jump was very high, higher than LD.<br><br>However, he didn't smash often when facing less formidable opponents though his smashes are deadly. He often appeared to give chance to his opponents by not fighting hard. Once he decided to win, it was often smooth sailing.<br><br>LD seems to be more muscular and stronger but not as springy as Yang Yang. Yang2 is like a spring. In term of speed, they are almost the same.&nbsp;<br><br>If I put zhao into the pic, then at his best form, nobody even LD could match him. Nobody could play the kind of game he played....just look at AE in 85 and AE final in 1990. He just outclassed his opponent.<br><br>Yang2 was almost unbeatable during his &nbsp;peak. For Malaysians, do you remember that we were not allowed to go to China? So since when we have been allow? Thanks to Zhao! After he managed to beat Yang2 in Asian Games, we were allow to visit China!!
    How did Zhao's win over Yang Yang make Chiina allow Malaysian visit China?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Ashaway, Prince, Pro Ace, Yang Yang & Yonex Racquets at Cheap Prices. (S'pore & JB)
    By Iffara in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 2
    : 10-18-2012, 07:44 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    : 07-22-2011, 03:59 AM
  3. yang yang nanosensation 100 - I want a light, powerful racket with good feel
    By kirbosmash in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 4
    : 06-13-2009, 01:02 AM
  4. FS : Yang-yang Nano Sensation 100 and Yonex Armortec 70MG MALAYSIA KL
    By exxn0mercy in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 12
    : 06-04-2009, 01:37 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    : 02-19-2006, 10:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •