User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My training schedule

Just to introduce myself, I am a student in my last year of high school. I am hoping to join the team, but there's a huge chance I won't with a slim chance I will. My team mostly consist of players that are either provincial or national level players. <br><br>I play with a <strong>Ti95 and M300 Birdies.</strong> I have a bigger grip since I use to play <strong>Squash and Tennis.</strong><br><br>I've been trying to practice with a diverse set of people. I play at the South Surrey Rec Center every <strong>Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.</strong> While at school I play on <strong>Tuesday and Thursday.</strong> Each time I play is anywhere from 2 hours to 4 hours. <br><br>I am just wondering what should I work on to improve and if you are willing to help or meet up to play that would be awesome.<br><br>Before any games, it will be a slight warm up, 2 minutes jog around the court with slight stretching. After that a couple of swings and I enter the court.<br><br>I usually play with my friends so there's always someone to clear with to warm up my arm. <br><br>I start off with about<em><strong></strong></em><strong> 25 clears, 25 smash (slow), 25 drops (back court), 25 net drops (up net), and 25 drives.<em></em> </strong>I usually do this either 25 each or until I'm warm. Then I start my game. I haven't been "training per se" that much but I've been working on my endurance.<br><br>Within the 2 hour time frame I can play usually anywhere from 4-8 games. Usually different people and a lot of running. Always sweat so a lot of good work out. I run for majority of the shots.<br><br>At <strong>school,</strong> I work on my endurance and my wrists. I do stairs, roughly 15-20 minutes each time, trying to reach 200 floors, but only reaching about 100 floors before I'm exhausted. I use a <strong>5lbs</strong> dumb-bell to work out my wrists, just slight wrist rotations.<br><br>I have this class 5 days a week so it's helps me out with endurance.<br><br>So what I am asking is what can I do to practice my foot work. I have the endurance part down but I'm worried about my foot work. So any ideas what I should do to work on my foot work?<br><br>Anything would help guys as the season is about to start really soon.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>D

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do a search for "Fast Feet" or "Chinese Footwork" in these forums or on youtube. That'll show you some exercises to improve your footwork. Also practice the split-step. Good Luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good, I'll be working on that right now as my arms are sore from too much working out...