Help please: string comparison

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by odmar_nl, Feb 8, 2012.

1. odmar_nl

odmar_nl Regular Member

I have an Arcsaber Z-Slash which needs a restring. I usually play with BG 80 in my rackets, but wonder how Zymax 67 and 70 compare this BG 80, in terms of hardness, repulsion, etc. Can anyone tell me the feeling the Zymax strings give, also in terms of control? Does either one compare to BG 80, or are they better or worse (and at what tension) and why? I usually string at 9,5 - 10 KG (Dutch), around 22 lbs.

Thank you in advance!

2. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

having used both ZM 67 and 70, I say they are medium feeling strings, definitely not as soft as BG65, but not as hard as BG80 either. ZM 67 has better feel and repulsion than ZM70, probably at a cost at slightly reduced durability than ZM70. I have ZM62 @ 23lbs on NS7700 half a year ago (4-5 hrs of play /week), and the string hasn't broken yet.

One thing I like about Zymax strings is they retain their tension really well, but they are different strings from BG80. If you love BG80 so much, stick with it. Otherwise you may give Zymax a try. They are both very good strings, just choose the one suits your taste.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

There's no other string that feels as hard as bg80. So if you like and want that feel, stick with it. If you want to try zymax, get zm67 new version (in black package). It has medium feel, good touch, excellent repulsion, the best tension retention of any string. The new zm65 is supposed to be even better.