1st Gen. At700 review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by faiyazk, Feb 8, 2012.

1. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

Yonex Armortec 700
    3U G4
    Bg80s @25/27

Clears were effortless! Instead of always using your wrist power just following through with your swing and the shuttle's deep. Very easy to middle the shuttle.

Drops/Slices were ok. Gotta get used to the head heaviness but that's just adjusting from another type of racket i had before. Any experienced player could perform those no problem.

Net play is tight! This rackets really easy to control for myself, so i have total confidence duelling at the net. Even drives and back-and-forth net drives are done easily. choking up the grip to use some speed you get some nice explosive drives when up close.

Smashes need work on. Thats obviously my technique, but some instances i middle the shuttle and get my wrist power aligned and the smash is noticeably powerful.

Defence is good. the racket is a little slower than my Ns 2000 but thats cuz its heavier and the balance is shifted completely.

I really enjoy playing with this racket, its definitely a step up from my NS2000, and my shot are more explosive and powerful. granted maybe i found the racket type that suits me best, and the tension seems to be working good too.

Just my own experience and nothing else.

2. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Heeh, you forgot drives! It should absolutely suck with this racket! As a user of the AT700, the best part that makes it one of the best is its raw power! Everything else is and should come second! Took me awhile to find my ideal tension and string set up on this one!

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    1st gen AT700 is a wonderful racket to keep....It is getting very rare nowadays, maybe it will be close to extinction in a few years to come...

4. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

drives are ok i agree, but i have a bit of a tennis swing when it comes to shots liek that, so maybe i just find the power on my own?

i know it looks great too!