User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 168
  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdan25 View Post
    Actually, I was wondering where you guys or your badminton clubs buy their shuttlecock??

    I notice that most of the sports shop only sell Yonex. Do they buy their shuttlecock from overseas??
    If you are talking about AS40 then they get it from the Australian distributor which is greys sports.

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nsw, australia
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE:IT&ih=008

    this guy is selling hangyu shuttlecocks for 8 bucks a tube, thats very good price, i used this brand of shuttlecocks b4, its quite consistent and reliable. highly recommended

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Carboard box mansion
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackfeather View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE:IT&ih=008

    this guy is selling hangyu shuttlecocks for 8 bucks a tube, thats very good price, i used this brand of shuttlecocks b4, its quite consistent and reliable. highly recommended
    Yes i agree, Hanyu shuttles feel really nice to play with. I also recommend Aeroplane & Hi-Qua.

  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hello guys! Im in Melbourne. Any recommendations for buying shuttlecocks here?

    I seen people recommending Qi-Hua Red, RSL Classic Tourney, RSL Tourney No.1 etc. Im not a pro player and play at an intermediate level (i have no idea how to grade myself). Do I need these shuttlecocks or I can opt for cheaper ones instead?

    Seen phandrew recommending mybadmintonstore and wingee in the post above too. But I hope to get some more advice on which brand+type of shuttlecock I should go with 1st before buying. Thanks!

  5. #90
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I completed a review of many shuttlecocks that can be bought in Melbourne and overseas. I will post it up later when i have time.

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DinkALot allowed me to use his table for making his review so I thank him for letting me use it.

    There are many variables that can affect the performance of the shuttle:

    Temperature
    Humidity
    Age of the Shuttle
    Exposure to the Elements
    Feather Consistency from the Factory
    Bad Batch, Good Batch
    Different Grades for Different Countries

    If your findings do not agree with mine, don't worry. Again, there's such a wide disparity among all the shuttles.
    I would not be surprised if there are differences in results, as I have found on quite a few occasions.



  7. #92
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    DinkALot allowed me to use his table for making his review so I thank him for letting me use it.

    There are many variables that can affect the performance of the shuttle:

    Temperature
    Humidity
    Age of the Shuttle
    Exposure to the Elements
    Feather Consistency from the Factory
    Bad Batch, Good Batch
    Different Grades for Different Countries

    If your findings do not agree with mine, don't worry. Again, there's such a wide disparity among all the shuttles.
    I would not be surprised if there are differences in results, as I have found on quite a few occasions.



    Thanks phandrew! This is a nice updated OZ version!
    RSL Classics Tourney~ where could I get it for $15.5?

  8. #93
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can buy the RSL classics from Wingeebadminton but the price has gone up since i bought mine.

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    home/ university/ work
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i've noticed that there are no epsilon shuttles in the review...well...nevermind...i was just wondering where did phandrew get RSL Classic Tourneys from. i found some on e-bay but they were a bit too heavy on the pocket (approx AU$ 25 per tube).

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scythe View Post
    i've noticed that there are no epsilon shuttles in the review...well...nevermind...i was just wondering where did phandrew get RSL Classic Tourneys from. i found some on e-bay but they were a bit too heavy on the pocket (approx AU$ 25 per tube).
    I think i used to use Epsilon Yellow at high school but i know they didn't last long.

    If you want to buy RSL classics then buy them from Wingeebadminton. They have bulk buy discounts.

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Shuttlecock Price Increase

    Hi,

    Just want to let everybody know that the manufacturer of Aeroplane shuttlecocks has increased the prices by around 15% recently. Also Aussie dollar has been depreciated by about 17% in the last three weeks. You will expect to find out the prices of shuttlecocks increase more than four dollars in the near future.

  12. #97
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    home/ university/ work
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    I think i used to use Epsilon Yellow at high school but i know they didn't last long.

    If you want to buy RSL classics then buy them from Wingeebadminton. They have bulk buy discounts.
    cheers mate. are there any other shuttles that i can use aside from the RSL Classic? preferably something that would last for at least a game.

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    home/ university/ work
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    another thing i was meant to ask you guys earlier... i live in armidale and it is 1K above sea level and about 2 1/2 hours inland... i would really appreciate it if anybody could tell me what shuttle speed should i use... thanks...

  14. #99
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Armidale ... High up and cold

    Quote Originally Posted by scythe View Post

    another thing i was meant to ask you guys earlier... i live in armidale and it is 1K above sea level and about 2 1/2 hours inland... i would really appreciate it if anybody could tell me what shuttle speed should i use... thanks...

    .
    Armidale ... High up and cold.

    Having played at the University of New England before, I would say that speed 78 or 79 should be best.


    .

  15. #100
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Cool..

    Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    DinkALot allowed me to use his table for making his review so I thank him for letting me use it.
    ...
    ...some if not most of the ratings are pretty much comparable to Master Dan's review....but the biggest difference i notice is the price difference...wow!

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    home/ university/ work
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    .
    Armidale ... High up and cold.

    Having played at the University of New England before, I would say that speed 78 or 79 should be best.


    .
    thanks m8... when did you play at the uni here?

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As the old stocks of feather shuttles run down in Australia, you will see substantial price increases with new stocks. This is due to 2 reasons, the strenghtening of the Chinese currency and the weakening of the Australian dollar. With higher prices the acceptable prices players will be prepared to pay will either force players to use lower grade shuttles or for the more wealthy to pay more.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. rsl shuttles in australia?
    By jmore in forum Market Place
    Replies: 6
    : 05-18-2010, 10:35 AM
  2. WTB: Shuttles - Perth W.Australia.
    By nerfherder86 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 04-06-2009, 10:30 PM
  3. Yonex feather shuttles in Australia
    By michael_euro1 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 3
    : 08-16-2004, 06:33 AM
  4. Yonex feather shuttles in Australia
    By michael_euro1 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 10-11-2003, 10:20 PM
  5. Feather Shuttles in Australia
    By GRObFURSt in forum Market Place
    Replies: 4
    : 07-10-2002, 09:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •