shuttles used in Australia

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by pockus, Jul 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. pockus

pockus New Member

Student
    hi All

I'm interested to know which types of shuttles people are using in Australia, how much it costs and whether they're happy with the shuttles they are using.

Down in South Australia, we use Epsilon Yellows, costs : $23.50 and I think it's really hopeless. These shuttles disintegrates very quickly. I've also tried RSL official, RSL standard, and Yonex AS 20 but these aren't very good either.

Does anyone have any suggestions where i can get other different types of shuttles down under?

Thanks

2. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

hi well have you tried RSL Tournament 1, they are meant to the be very good and durable

do avoid Carlton and Yonex Shuttlecocks. if it has to be Yonex only the AS 40 or AS 50 but they can tend to be abit expensive.

Do you have a Manufacturer called Inflight they made badminton rackets and shuttles too. they are fast and durable too good steady speed good quality. will last at least 1 1/4 games.

Avoild Carlton Shuttle cocks because they are far too fast and break after a few hard shots.

i hope this helps you. :):)

3. hyperactive

hyperactive Regular Member

student
    wow, its been 4 years since this thread was last updated but i thought I'd try to get an opinion on whats out there...any takers?

(dont u just love it when old threads start popping up)

4. tungtungchiang

tungtungchiang Regular Member

Full time Administrator and Full time student for
    erm.. i used yang yang shuttle cock.. men.. the quality just the same as carlon and yonex.. as they disintegrates quickly.. T_T

5. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    Snowpeaks. They disintergrate and although we have tried 51's, 50's and 49's nearly 4-12 shuttles from each tube can fly differently. We are paying $28 a tube

6. Dendrobius

Dendrobius Regular Member

I'm in NSW

One of the clubs I play at uses Sosan shuttles which last about a game, give or take. Another one uses Aeroplane Green Label which also lasts about a game. The difference is that the club that uses Sosan have generally low B/high C grade players, the Green Label club are generally low C to absolute beginner players, so the durability is different.

I have some Aeroplane Black Label for when I'm just renting a court with friends, and they are great, if a little bit fast in summer. Now that winter's here they're pretty much perfect.

$28 per tube?! *grasps at chest* Aeroplane Black Labels are like $22 per tube locally in Sydney!

7. Hullabaloo

Hullabaloo Regular Member

Epsilon shuttles (gold ~$25 AUD and orange ~$22) can be good but I've found that it varies a lot. Sometimes you get a really good batch other times you get a really bad batch, so I don't think it's worth it, as they are quite expensive too.

RSL Standard @ $15 AUD is a bargin I think. Not the best in flight or durabilty but compared to the Epsilons for $15 i think they're worth while. Haven't tried RSL Tourney no1 yet.

Tried Yang Yang 300B. I found that they fly better than RSL Standard and the feathers break more evenly therefore will still fly straigher for longer compared to RSL Standard and some Epsilons. But they are a lot more expensive at $25 AUD, but I think they're worth it.

8. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

try ashaway,
    about $18 a tube (in bulk i think)
    but they are good... and they are only $18

9. hyperactive

student
    I was wondering if anyone could compare the Yang Yang 300Bs with the RSL Tourney No. 1's here in aussie...I use the 300B's and they're really good...but I'm thinking of switching over to RSL Tourney No. 1s...both are IBF approved, both are around the same price (AUD20/tube)...shipping is about 10 bucks/4 tubes...

10. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    In NSW we usually use either green label aeroplane or within this past year UNSW have changed and use snowpeak. Green label aeroplane is about $20, not sure bout snowpeak but definitely less than $28

11. DarrenHart

DarrenHart Regular Member

Researcher
    Use Aeroplane black, live in NZ but get them shipped over from a place in NSW, sells them to us for $20 AUS + Shipping so seems cheaper than what we can buy here locally

12. sabathiel

sabathiel Regular Member

Lawyer
    I play competition with Snowpeaks but when I train I buy Ashaway shuttles.

13. sabathiel

sabathiel Regular Member

Lawyer
    STBA must be making a huge profit by selling Snowpeaks $28 a tube. I don't think better brands like RSL, Yonex and Epsilon are that expensive.

14. hyperactive

student
    Where do you find Epsilon? Ive never heaerd of it before...

15. sabathiel

sabathiel Regular Member

Lawyer
  16. hyperactive

student
    thanks...but 26-29bucks?! thats way too steep...even RSL Tourney Classics arent that expensive...

17. sabathiel

sabathiel Regular Member

Lawyer
  18. Hullabaloo

I find the 300B's much much better than the Tourney No1's

19. Hullabaloo

I'd stay away from the epsilon greens. if you're going to try epsilon only try orange or gold. $26.50 and $29.50 is ridiculously expensive though. probably only worth trying if you can get them for say $22 and $25 respectively.

20. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    Aeroplane shuttlecocks

Aeroplane shuttlecocks probably are the best. They have four grades, black label (lasts about 1.2 to 1.5 games of 21 points for C-grade and up players, only $22/dz), red label (lasts 1 to 1.2 games, $19/dz), green label (lasts 0.8 to one game, $17/dz) and blue label (lasts 0.7 to 1 game, $15/dz).
    They will last even longer if used by ladies or D-grade players.

The sole agent of Aeroplane shuttlecocks is in Sydney, NSW. But the shuttlecocks are even selling to VIC, SA, QLD, WA, and New Zealand. Contact james@calibreaustralia.com or visit www.calibreaustralia.com if you are interested in trying them.