Ur badminton attire??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Novicee, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    Seriously i think Yonex shirts are a bit ex.... victor and li Ning as well... so now i still wear my adidas attire for badminton.... what about ur?

2. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

I am wearing my Nike shirt + pant. :D

3. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    actualli do alot pple wear like all badminton attire to play??? like full Yonex... Full victor etc...

4. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    yes be it hardcore , novice there's a bunch of people wearing full range of badminton attire like Li Ning , Fleet , Yonex & etc .... have a look in this thread & you'll find it ~~

5. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Seriously, Adidas tops are more exp than some Yonex/lining/victor tops....i generally get tops that are less than $20 regardless or yonex, lining, etc.....but i seldom can get adidas at less than $20?

6. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

I dun wear badminton brand attire. I find them exp. I just wear very comfy shirt n shorts. Btw any lady here wear bikini for badminton? I haven't seen 1 yet

7. Eric Soon

Eric Soon Regular Member

Sales Executive
    I wonder if you will ever see a lady wearing bikini for badminton here in Asia. In Hawaii maybe.. Or it's a badminton beauty pageant. Then your dream may come true.

8. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Guys, if you don't mind AAA product you can get from this seller from Lelong. You can get really cheap Badminton Apparel there. To me, for Badminton Apparels, i don't mind if it is AAA product as long as it is comfy. :)

http://www.lelong.com.my/Merchant/alanhkll.htm

9. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I wear Yonex, Li-Ning, Yehlex tops. A Under Armour or Craft base layer top if it's in a cold venue.
    Yonex Socks.
    Adidas or Yonex Shoes
    And shorts... O'Neill, Quicksilver, Rip Curl or Apacs Shorts. At a tournament I was told my Board Shorts would disqualify me from the tournament... If anyone can show me the actual rule that says O'Neill shorts are not suitable for the purposes of badminton but Yonex are I will do something that I promise will not be spectacular at all...

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Me and my friend had a bet once...

I have a pair of (I think QuickSilver) board shorts, and they have like 6 different colours (you will know what I mean) and he bet me that I wouldn't turn up to the tournament wearing them. So I took him up on the bet, and turned up in these shorts.:) fair to say they were different from others there... I got told that I wasnt meant to wear these type of shorts to this type of tournament, and that I was well aware of this rule, but I just argued that it said "suitable badminton attire" and that could be interpreted in different ways, and also it was either these shorts, or no shorts:p safe to say, that after I said this, I was allowed to continue.

Win is style, lose in style. At least if you lose, you look good losing:p

11. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Sports Life used to sell previous season YY TruCool tees at $10, not that exp right?

12. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    yaha $10 bucks is cheap, but do ur actualli go for like the yonex's latest voklume clothes ... or don realli care and more concern with the price???

13. Novicee

Novicee Regular Member

Student
    yaha $10 bucks is cheap, but do ur actualli go for like the yonex's latest voklume clothes ... or don realli care and more concern with the price??? cause the latest de design are realli ex yet i don c much diff with the past season de....

14. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Personally I dunt see the point of following the latest court fashion unless you're a big Sharaporva fan, lol.

Was just rebutting his assertion that he finds baddy attire expensive; plus you only need to have 2 or 3 sets at the most - enough for most casual players already. :)

15. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

Everyone just wears regular cotton tees or a sports tee. I rarely see anyone wear all name brand stuff and if they do, they're not that good... Just wear what's comfortable to you, and what represents you.

16. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    I feel pretty self conscious wearing badminton name brands like Yonnex or BK, or other such apparel. Not sure why, but I kinda equate the clothes with a minimum level of skill and I'm just an average intermediate playa.

As such, I tend to try and find shirts that don't make me look too fat haha. I mean you wanna impress tha ladies righ? er I mean you wanna look good pounding the little birdy. I also want the clothes to do a good job wicking perspiration away and evaporating it.

I find the Nike shirts don't do that so well (or maybe just the ones I've tried). Certain Addidas ones are better than others for this. But so far the most economical brand I found that does do it is the Champion stuff they sell at Target. Oh and the competitor brand at Walmart doesn't seem to do it that well either...but then I barely expected it to stay in one piece after a hard game for that rollback price!

Game on friends.

17. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I wear my lovely Li-Ning shirt
    li_ning_china_national_tshirt_mens_red.jpg

18. Porky

Porky Regular Member

It's really very individual....if u got the money to spare and is brand conscious and fashionable, then of course u would go for something nice and trendy....else, i find $10 yonex shirts works juz as well as the latest vol of Yonex shirts....haha

19. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

$10 yonex shirt? i usually wear sometime cheaper than that leh...

20. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    I like to wear black when I play. In fact I call it my "Darth Vadar" attire. Black dri-fit shirt, black mesh shorts, black socks, black ankle brace. If only I had black badminton shoes to top it all off, but they're in fact white.