Victor SH8600 F

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by FruitNinja, Feb 11, 2012.

1. FruitNinja

FruitNinja Regular Member

Hi I just purchased a pair of Victor SH8600 F shoes and I found out that it is very stiff and hard all around and the bottom of the inside and the shoe looks pretty bulky. Is that what badminton shoes are supposed to be like or is it supposed to be very soft and flexible and non-bulky?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    badminton shoes are supposed to provide a lot of stability and lateral support. therefore the stiffness is supposed to be there.

and it makes a lot of sense. a soft sole shoe will bend and give under the extreme stress during badminton movement and will not provide enough support and confidence to the player. i have had a pair of badminton shoes like that and it was totally not usable.

3. ioxyg3n520

ioxyg3n520 Regular Member

Just to clarify, you are saying that super stiff sides and inside of the shoe is normal right? It is also very tight against my sides of my feet, is that normal too?

Thank you very much!

4. phili

phili Regular Member

With this Victor shoes it's the tight fit is normal. It's called "auto fit" and as far as I can remember you can adjust this a little on the inside of your shoes.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    tight and stiff are different things.

if it is tight, then you might have bought the wrong size or you need a different model due to your feet being wide.

stiff means it is not easily bendable.