Can somepne post a review on Gosen Biogut aermet?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Pre-emptive, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Pre-emptive

Pre-emptive Regular Member

Can someone post a review on Gosen Biogut aermet? How does it compare against Cyber natural 100 and BG85 in terms of control and power? I am seeing a significant reduction in power on my 3U Mp100 since I switch the string from BG85 to BG88ti.

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've used both Biogut Aermet and CBN100. If you don't consider durability, I still think BG85 is the best. Aermet is powerful in my opinion, but its feel and control is not as good as BG85 or CBN100. CBN100 is very good in control and feel, but not as powerful as BG85 or BG66.

However, both strings seems to be more durable than BG85.

I think Cheung have used Biogut Aermet extensively in last 2 months as well, perhaps he can give a more comprehensive review of this string.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It's in the planning. I didn't want to put a review out too early into testing

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    It is strange that you mention the BG-88 Ti is not as powerful as the BG-85. I notice they are quite similar except for the harder feel of the BG-88 Ti.

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Yes, I do think BG88Ti is less powerful than BG85 - most of my friends which having similar skills level have the same comment. However some more advanced players have opposite view. I can't explain the reason behind but just said what I felt.

Another problem for BG88Ti is that most stringers hate this string - it is very difficult to string (especially at high tension) due to its stickyness.

6. Pre-emptive

Hey Ricky, thanks for your reply. Your postings had been very helpful in my researches. My stringer tried to explain why I found less power from BG88ti. He said I should use less string tension when switching from BG85 to BG88ti because BG85 is a softer string. It make some sense to me but I don't know if this is the only reason. This also brought up another question for me. Do players in this forum usually put the same tension on softer strings ( or high gauge ) and harder ti strings?

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    From my experience while demoing other people's racquets, i get less raw power from bg66 and 85. I'm not saying i play advance badminton but it has a lot to do with spring tension and what racquet these strings go with. However, i do like 66 and 85 for their touch and feel feedback.

8. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Actually...

BG88ti, you may get the perception it is "less powerful", meaning it has less bounce to it.

Yonex's specs even state it is a "hard feeling" string.
    And due to the nature of the string's composition, and really no matter what tension you have it at... the bg88ti will still feel less powerful.
    Usually if something feels that way to me, I just apply more power, that's the easiest way to remedy that problem. LOL
    Also I rather like BG88ti, especially if I played exclusively feather shuttles.

As for the Biogut roots... (Canada does not receive biogut aermet...) anyways... I will be trying some out myself a bit later, as I have some on back order right now.
    So far I really like gosen's string products, and definitely comparable to Yonex's strings.

Most people dont know that of course, because they dont venture out and try new brands LOL.

Pre-emptive... you should try out the biogut roots, because it plays similar to the bg88ti, according to gosen's specs.
    If you're looking for Gosen string with higher resiliency, then I recommend you try the Alan & Susi Special, or the Roots Roots (B505) string. Or if you're really lucky, look for Gosen's tecgut tour, or gs88, because after playing with bg85, and 66s for a while, you may find the aforementioned strings to be a very comparable alternative to the yonex models.

Just thought you might want to know the alternatives. :p

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yes, I tried the Roots Roots on a number of Carlton racquets and they feel comparable, if not better than, BG-80.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Biogut aernet review is now in the review section.

11. Pre-emptive

Hi Cheung, are you talking about Biogut aermet (BS810) or Roots aermet (BS310)?

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Biogut. The shop didn't have Roots

13. A_F

A_F Regular Member

Electronics MFG
    I am a loyal Gosen user, but I haven't tried the Ameret string out yet....i have found a good string that I play with now and will not look into others until I run out....actually I have 2 current Gosen Favs.....

Gosen Tec Gut Tour, aka GS88.....this is my fav string, holds tension very well, very good touch and power....durability is acceptable considering it is very thin.

Gosen Alan & Susi Special, I got this recently and it is very similar to Tec Gut Tour, but these strings seem be alot more slick and the strings are constantly moving...I have yet to snap my strings, but fraying is noticable.

Of course, if I could find BG95, I would without a doubt switch to that, until then, I will continue to use these strings, along with my Ashaway Microlegend XL. Not as good as the others, not as powerful, but the control is good.

Just depends what I want to put into my racquet when the strings go....too many choices, and I am not the type to cut the strings, either they snap in the sweet spot or I hacked them on a miss hit....

So please do give Gosen a try and you will probably be surprised, but you gotta be willing to try other stuff besides Yonex strings.....I got Kelvin to try out Gosen, but he has an open mind, unlike some of you Yonex Snobs here....:p

A_F

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I object to the term 'snob'.

Going back to the issue of strings....Biogut lasts very long, probably longer than BG65. I can't detect any fraying of the string after a few months of doubles (and I've been trying to punish the strings big time with those shuttles)

I'd really recommend this string if:
    a) stringing is expensive in your part of the world
    b) you live far away from a stringer
    c) you're on a tight budget and still trying to play your favourite game.

OK, you aren't going to get bounce like BG85 but it's pretty good.