Front double positioning

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by decoy, Feb 11, 2012.

1. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I have been playing a lot of double recently and me and my partner usually try and get me to the front. Is it better to crouch down below net height when your partner is smashing or should you stand to the side and risk having to lunge if your partners intercept to the opposite side? Any help is appreciated:D

2. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Thanks a lot I watched two of his videos I think I was standing too close to the net

4. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

yea that all sorta depends on the play situation. if you guys are pressuring and you see the opposition in trouble (ie. you drive deep to a corner and they're late getting that shot) you can definitely be aggressive and rush the net; but if your opponents are lifting deep and your partner has no kill shot from the back court then move back a bit to cover for him and try to rotate with him through drops/smashes so he doesn't get tired in the back.

5. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

Alot depends on yr team playing style. Some like to play mixed doubles as in lady in always in front. U shd try to build good understanding with your partner

6. Tadashi

Tadashi Regular Member

AE278BB6CBB7487C0FF7AE706177CDE2E45AC583 is my dig
    Capnx is right, it depends: If you're in the front-back attack formation, you normally do not stand in the forecourt but in the midcourt or on the T; you don't crouch, as the front man it's your responsibility to catch and push all shuttles that are in your reach, namely everything in flat trajectory ... -- you're in the attack formation that means the other side has to be forced into a play where they are not allowed to play downward. If the shuttle goes to the rear (after a defensive high clears), you want three things from yourself: don't put yourself in your partner's fireline except you're tunneling, prepare to receive a weak reply into your area of responsibility and provoke another lift so that your team can maintain the attack. Tunneling means, your partner stands behind you in a line that goes from your partner to a chosen opponent defender with you in the middle and you constantly fire on this poor guy ... i.e. tunneling the attack on one spot.