Question about insoles, Superfeet, and Shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by BrioCloud, Feb 11, 2012.

1. BrioCloud

BrioCloud Regular Member

UC Davis Student
    Hi. I was planning on getting an insole and new Yonex shoes, and I want to confirm what I'm suppose to do.

I'm suppose to remove the original sole of the Yonex shoe, and put a Superfeet in it right? I'm aprehensive about doing this because the Yonex soles are usually glued and I don't want to destroy my shoe before I even use it, or maybe I won't like the superfeet. Does anyone have any experience and teach me about this process?

Thank you.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

I've had a few Yonex shoes and the insoles have never been glued down.

3. kingzzz

kingzzz Regular Member

If possible try before you buy, see how it feels. And yes you are suppose to remove the original insoles. Any specific reason you are after insoles?

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    for all the Yonex shoes that i have used, which might be nearly 10 of them, none of them have glued down insoles.

but to answer your question, yes, the proper way is to remove the original insole and replace it with the new one.

5. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

U using which model if yonex shoe? So far all I have used doesn't have insole glued to it. U want check on your shoe again ? Just remove the insole n put in new

6. BrioCloud

BrioCloud Regular Member

UC Davis Student
    I see, thanks for the inciteful replies.

I'm using these soles thinking it would help reduce the impact and stress to my body? Am I right in getting these soles to help this area? Another thing is, does this help me prolong the life of my shoe? For example, if I buy the SHB-93 yellow, and use the soles, and after a long period of time when the sole is dead, can I switch the soles to make it seem less dead?

Like does replacing a sole when dead essentially rejuvinate my shoes a bit, albeit just a little?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the "insole" is the piece inside the shoe

the "sole" is the bottom of the shoe which contact the ground.

usually the "insole" wears out faster than the sole, and replacing it will allow you to use the shoes for longer.

as for reducing impact, it depends on the quality of the original insole as well as the quality of the replacement sole. the Yonex insoles are usually of decent quality.

8. BrioCloud

BrioCloud Regular Member

UC Davis Student
    Thanks for the reply Kwun. So replacing the insole does prolong the shoes for a longer period of time. Does the rubber under the insole also deteriorates? I'm sure it does, but I guess replacing the insoles does help a little bit correct?

Also, I just saw a Green Superfeet in the stores, and the insole was extremely hard, and the part where the heels are suppose to be is actually lined with a pretty hard plastic. I was quite shocked and it looked extremely uncomfortable to use for badminton. But does anyone here have experience with it?

9. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I'm using superfeet insoles with my yonex badminton shoes and they are fine.. very good combo in fact. Try not to go for the green one first as they do not cater for low arches or the flat footed.

Try the blue one as they are more versatile. And yes, they are made of hard plastic but they are supposed to act as support for your feet which should be firm but comfortable. Try the insoles instore if possible and make sure you get the correct fit.

They will be slightly uncomfortable at first as your feet are trying to get used to the new insoles. But i assure you, they are well worth the money you spend on them. I'm trying to have as many pairs of these insoles as possible for my shoes as I'm just too lazy to transfer them round shoe by shoe.

10. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

And yes, like the guys have said, so far, all my yonex badminton shoes have removable insoles so you can just remove them after they wear out and switch to new insoles if you like.