Li Ning Bags quality?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by YinLoung, Feb 11, 2012.

1. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

Had a bad experience with my last two yonex bags where zippers died in less than a year. The new models arent up to my taste so i am looking at Li Ning bags right now. I wonder if anyone could tell me whether they use the same materials and are the zippers reliable? All Yonex bags comes with plastic zippers...are Li ning the same?

Looking at ABJF054-1 or the white variant.

Thank you

2. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

I have the 9 racket version of ABJF054-1 and the zippers are durable, but I put longer keychain things on them to make it easier to open. Everyone stares at my bag at the gym now, haha. I used to have a black lining bag too.

3. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

Whats the zipper made of? Plastic or metal? Could you snap a close up picture of the main compartment zippers?

4. paulierand

It is made of hard plastic. i doubt it will die on you. i've had it for 3 months of use and it hasn't given me any problems.
    um... as for the bag style, just be aware it is a bit flashy, but i like it. not everyone's cup of tea..
    and the 9 racket i have is a bit small compared to the yonex 9 racket models...
    this is the only pic i have at the moment, go look in the post specifically about this bag for upclose pics.
    li ning bag.jpg

5. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Yes the colours are a bit bright. Wear sunglasses.

Size-wise it looks big enough. How well does it sit on your back when you are walking?

I found the YY bags wouldnt sit comfortably and had to keep holding it steady with one hand. The zips on my YY bag also died after a year of use - the material holding the plastic teeth frayed away at the sides and zip kept locking on that section. Changed it for RSL explorer.

6. paulierand

It feels good when worn like a backpack, the straps are very comfortable. Wow, didn't know zips on yonex's are that bad.. Maybe people with yy bags should put some wd 40 and use zipper extensions to prolong its life... I had a black li ning bag for 3 years before this and never had any problems... except its size.

7. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

yonex bag quality depends on where it is made. JP version are better quality in terms of material and zip in this case.

For Li-Ning, badminton product are deem as premium product therefore quality is just as good as Yonex JP version.

Taking care of bags:
    1) avoid carrying too heavy items
    2) avoid slinging with just one side
    3) lastly... avoid sweat contact! keep wet clothees in plastic bags and avoid carry the bag if your shirt is wet.

8. fnaibaf

fnaibaf Regular Member

I have a Lining bag(fabric type)where the straps are literally being torn off after 6 months, its a 9 racquet bag and the heaviest thing in there is probably my filled waterbottle. Really unimpressed, going to go for YY or something next.

9. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

i had similar case before and i expect that is quality issues...

Ultimately as i try to explain, it is largely due to the sweat contact!

10. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Badminton players do tend to sweat and need to carry their bags. Cant really avoid it. When the umpire or the bell kicks you off the court you have to go, bags and all.

Is this something that could be considered during design wrt material selection ( ...or washable straps or covers?).

11. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

just treat it with care... avoid direct sweat contact and keep you wet clothes in water proof bags...

It will last you 2 to 3 years... anyways, i do change my bag every year for the latest design!

durability of the bags is less of a concern to me! I'm more worried for my rackets as they always re-string at high tension form 28-29lbs.