Karakal m-tec 70

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by a|extan, Feb 12, 2012.

1. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

Anyone have used this b4? Any review?Believed to be one of the lightest racket in markethttp://www.karakal.com/M-TEC-70-Gel.html

2. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    It's a nice racquet. The weight is 82g, Karakal weigh it without the grip or strings in. I've strung them at 32lbs and it took it easily.
    I've swung it about, but never actually played with it. It feels good, a bit of whip through but not too flexible.

3. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

Thanks for sharingThis is a head heavy or even or head light racket?

4. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Medium-Head Heavy

5. Warlock

Warlock Regular Member

That's not the lightest racket around...the lightest around should be the featherweight 200 from apacs at 69g

6. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Did you weigh it yourself?
    Its just a lot of manufacturers details give the weight without the string or grip.

7. gustave11

gustave11 New Member

employee
    Just got mine last week, strung it with a yonex BG98 Ti 0.68mm @ 30lbs string tension. It was really light for me coming from a 85g racket but i think it's a little bit heavier than 70g as claimed but still very light for me. At first I thought the lightness of the racket will means a little lost in the smashing but the medium-heavy head compensate to still give you power to do a decent smash. I've noticed that it's very good for defense and return because it is very easy to react with this light racket. I'm no pro or advance player, and I think I still need some time to get used to this racket but for the initial result I may say that I'm quite happy with it, it gives me more control(thanks also to the higher tension) and a very decent smash due to the medium-heavy head weight. I also didn't encountered any aching in my arm and shoulder after the game. The only problem was that my string got snapped in just 3 games of doubles but this maybe is because of the stringing procedure or other things but but due to the racket itself. Can anyone advise a durable string that can be strung up to 30lbs? thanks for reading

8. gustave11

gustave11 New Member

employee
    Just got mine last week, strung it with a yonex BG98 Ti 0.68mm @ 30lbs string tension. It was really light for me coming from a 85g racket but i think it's a little bit heavier than 70g as claimed but still very light for me. At first I thought the lightness of the racket will means a little lost in the smashing but the medium-heavy head compensate to still give you power to do a decent smash. I've noticed that it's very good for defense and return because it is very easy to react with this light racket. I'm no pro or advance player, and I think I still need some time to get used to this racket but for the initial result I may say that I'm quite happy with it, it gives me more control(thanks also to the higher tension) and a very decent smash due to the medium-heavy head weight. I also didn't encountered any aching in my arm and shoulder after the game. The only problem was that my string got snapped in just 3 games of doubles but this maybe is because of the stringing procedure or other things but not due to the racket itself. Can anyone advise a durable string that can be strung up to 30lbs? thanks for reading

9. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

Used the the older MTec-70 (non gel) for about 1-2 years. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but it hurt my shoulder after using it for a couple of sessions. Too stiff? Happened to my friend as well when he uses his. I pretty much gave away my pair to my brother-in-law, who is much more advanced than me. He hasn't complained.

While I used it I found it had decent power and defense. I could not fault it anywhere other than it injured my shoulder. My biggest highlight of this racket is its durability. Multiple clashes and mishits. Not a scratch on the paintjob. It even chopped through a HEAD racket. I'm talking about chopped as in broke it at 3 and 9 o'clock positions.