What's type stiff, light, not long and head light

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by talktojeng, Jul 20, 2003.

1. talktojeng

talktojeng Regular Member

Designer
    :eek: Hi, everybody! ..... sorry if i don't strong in english.
    I want to buy new racket
    :confused: :confused: :confused: I like to play with defensive, finesse style in double. To control, placing, clears, drops, netshots, drives and fast swing. Yesterday I bought a copy of yonex MP99, string at BG85 - 21lsb.I play in 2 hour then it's broken. Am very sad because I love it . It's superb maneuvarability for me. I am a man and like to play with the wrist. This is my used .
    - MP77 head heavy not fast to control.
    - Gosen 5000TI good stiff .... big power, control is ok but drop and touch is not good - MP88, it's nearness but too long can't finesse enough. Not confidence in tiny heavy in head and some less stiffness.
    - MP33, difficult to explain not good in power feel hard in handle and swing but in touch and droup is ok.
    In term of smashs I like it too. But don't offten in full smash (arm & shoulder), love to snap or whip than. This term is second choice.
    Please suggest me in any brand but yonex in my location is not expensive. I think for
    1.stiff or extra stiff shaff.
    2.Hard string bed don't easy break in high tension(can't cry again)
    3.Light weight in all body and balance point is head light or even
    4.Not long racket
    Thank a lot for suggestion and every other advice.

:( :(

2. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    another mp99 sounds like a good idea no?
    btw mp99 was a long rac. like the mp88..

3. talktojeng

Designer
    Yes, I interesting mp99 too,but I worry that it's hard in use. Because I look in diagram(or some graph in yonex catalog ), mp99 is in Smash and single area.I was uneasily if it hard to play, such as it 's over head heavy and bad maneuvarability for me.
    I want racket that fast moving for control and defensive.If mp99 are comfortably,it's good idea.
    Another, swing power is other choice? and what type ss,sr or sa.And other brand such winex how about it.
    Thanx..Sorry about my using Icon tools.It's missing.

4. Kaffie

Kaffie Regular Member

self-employed
    If you want a control and defensive racket you can try mp88.
    Smashing power is there too.
    Just play with it for 1 or 2 weeks you should be able to get used to it, which I did.

5. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

You only interested in Yonex?.. Why don't you try Carlton ASTI. This racket is light and stiff.. very good in control shots and also very good for smashes also..

6. talktojeng

Designer
    No... not only yonex but i don't have any Carton information.What type(or series) you can suggest me. Only ASTI ? or TI supper lite?

7. graphite

graphite Regular Member

Student
    I don't recommend an AS-Ti because its a head heavy racquet. You should try an AS-1 which is evenly balanced, light, very stiff, and not long. You could also try a Ti Superlite which is head light(not sure), very light, stiff and not long. Carltons break less than Yonex do (from what I see.).

8. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

not really sure, but the asti that I have is pretty balance and not head heavy at all.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sounds like u got a SP or a fake mp99 or a bad string job that put undue stress on the frame from day 1. There is a racquet that is extra extra stiff and very light yet balanced, not long, and very tough. It's not available in Asia, only america and europe i think. I almost bot one for myself but didn't. It's pretty hard to get them because i don't know if they are available anymore. Your second choice would be trying karakal line, their sl70,75 or 80, not long, might suit you.

10. talktojeng

Designer
    Yessss, it's SP mp99 and some bad string but i feel good. Can you tell me brand name & series that you say ?(only america and europe).

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    was it a racket clash? even with poor string job, sp 2U mp99 is not a weak racquet, it is also not a light racquet. At 21 lbs, you should able to get some sort of warranty replacement. I need to check on the other racquet that i was talking about. If i can't get it in america anymore, you definitely can't get them in asia. I don't think it was made in asia.

12. talktojeng

Designer
    My broken Rac. is paint,screen same real Yonex but it fake (counterfeit) I think, no muscle tab in under frame, weight is not 2U really, It's very light."Warranty is not" she(vender)'s said because it's fake ha ha .. I can't do gamble again.

13. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey talktojeng

You might want to try Victor racquets. Currently, I am using Victor Satellite 2 and it's really amazing. I got it for $40 when only one was left during a sportstore's inventory summer sale. I found out later that retail price for the Satellite 2 was $110!:p You want a light, stiff traditional length racquet? Victor Satellite 2 is it for you. Although I must warn you that it's oval head, so it might take a bit of adjustment if you do decide to get it.

14. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

you don't always have to judge the racket by looking at the catelog chart...it's your own preferences...for instance, if a racket is "suggested" to be a doubles smashing racket, one could still use it for singles and prefer it for that event.

then again, u mentioned you are uneasy about how it performs? but earlier, didn't u mention that you liked the copy of it? oh well, the swing power is a good racket if you are a singles player

15. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
    Re: Hey talktojeng

Yes, I like Victor brand. I'm using Victor Prodigy 5.0, also oval and very light. It's also cheap, costs around US$20.00 (bought it in Taiwan). It's a really good racquet for a double player and a netter coz it's very light. Indeed, you might need to get used with the oval shape.

16. talktojeng

Designer
    sound like Victor brand are interestingly. It's have information on web? Where i can search it.

17. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Victor is a good alternative to Yonex

Yes, Victor racquets are pretty outstanding and a more affordable choice if Yonex is out of your budget. Traditional head and length seems to be the most dominant features among its selections. They seem to be tolerant to higher tension (if average tension is around 18-20lbs). My stringer remarked upon it after I had my racquets strung, although I didn't go higher than 22lbs. Quite durable too... I had a few major clashes and came out with only paint chips.

Check out it's website at: http://www.victorracquets.com/intro.html

18. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
  19. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

It seems that Victor has two entities... one based in Germany and another in Taiwan. I compared them and found that they don't even market the same line of products. According to badmintonwarehouse.com, Victor is a German brand with factories in Europe and Taiwan. So, depending on where you are... your choice of Victor racquets is limited.

20. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
    I think so too. I never heard about Victor brand in Australia and Indonesia. The one I have rite now is a gift from my friend. He bought it back in Taiwan. So probably you hafta make sure if it's available in Thailand.