Some Questions about Tension in the strings?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by sarath_031, Feb 12, 2012.

1. sarath_031

sarath_031 Regular Member

Student
    I don't know a lot about badminton in technical terms:eek:. So, i am putting this in best terms i know. I bought a Yonex Muscle Power 800. I feel comfortable playing with a Muscle Power 22(my friends racquet) and it feels a little heavier about the head. They say that the tension is higher than mine. I was able to hit a clear in the same way with both the racquets, but the smash from muscle power 22 feels like it has more speed than on from the muscle power 800. I Mean, what is the role of tension in stroke making and its influence on power to apply for a particular shot. Some say that when the tension is high, the technique must be correct or else the strings will be gone. Is that true? Can anyone please tell me more about tension in simple terms. Also, can anyone tell me the initial tension in yonex muscle power 800 as i am thinking on increasing/ decreasing or leaving it as it is depending on everybody's answer. Thanks in Advance.:)

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Did you read the sticky threads at the top of the "badminton string' section?

3. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

do a search in string tensions.. n btw...u own yr racket ..if u duno whats yr string tension..then who does..? yr stringer? ..probably....u ask him..how much tension he string for u.... n if u buy from shops...n the rackets r string n hang there for ages.. u probably..wont get to know it... at all..