User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if the racquet is a fake?? I had someone at the club who gave a me a new 'Yonex NS9000' which he'd bought in China for 7.00 (!!!) to string and I had to do it 3 times as it kept on warping. Both of us figured it was a fake due to the price, and it felt really lightweight too. Even with the racquet unstrung the head could be twisted when I gripped it hard to test it. I've never ever seen a racquet so soft that the head could be distorted manually. I went ahead anyway to string it just out of curiosity and the first time it came out with the head ever so slightly asymmetrical. I decided to restring it again at lower tension and it came out the same but distorting the other way. My third attempt was just passable but I let him know what I thought and he's given it to his kids to play with as we felt any amount of hard use in court would most likely break it. These days when I see a racquet that is unfamiliar I like to give it a manual twist and pull at the head to satisfy myself that the head will stay in shape. Has anyone else had this experience with clones or cheaper racquets?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

that would be possible if the racket were a Yonex. but the OP says it is a blackknight.

i do agree that fake rackets are terrible. they are made of cheap carbon fiber and is very flexible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2