Results 1 to 17 of 34
Thread: Best victor bravesword?
02-13-2012, 10:21 PM #1
Best victor bravesword?
Hi. I would like to know what is the best Victor Brave Sword that is not head heavy and is medium stiff/flex. And how would you compare it with the Yonex Voltric 80.(if you have it)
02-13-2012, 11:38 PM #2
vt80 and bs series are completely polar opposites... you cant compare them
02-13-2012, 11:55 PM #3
Sorry do you mind making what you just said more clear? =P
02-13-2012, 11:55 PM #4
You're going to find it difficult finding a BS that will perform similar to a VT80 even if the BS is head heavy and stiff.
I sold my VT80 after realising the BS12 is more suitable to my style.
Maybe the properties of the new BS15 might be to your liking.
02-13-2012, 11:59 PM #5
Would it be a good match of rackets if I use the VT80 for singles and the BS12 for doubles OR VT80 at start and BS12 when I'm all tired?
02-14-2012, 12:03 AM #6
02-14-2012, 12:04 AM #7
02-14-2012, 12:10 AM #8
I really don't think you should switch between a VT80 and a BS12 as others may also advise because they are totally different rackets. Your timing is going to change a lot switching between the two. The swinging speed between the two is different. Everything is different and too many variables. Find one racket you like, either BS or VT80 and stick with it to notice if you're improving.
Unless you're experimenting with what racket properties that suit you, it's not very good to keep changing all the time. I use a BS12 95% of the time and the other 5% is spent experimenting with a Lethal 90, Tantrum 200, MX80, MX60, and Arcsaber 9FL just to keep things interesting.
The person I sold my VT80 to is a good player and it improved his singles game because he could utilise it. I couldn't and so I performed better with a BS12. It's only as good as the person using it.
02-14-2012, 12:20 AM #9
02-14-2012, 12:22 AM #10
Oh and I would like to ask. Since you guys say the VT80 is one of the heaviest head rackets and stiffest. I think my current VT80 4U is a bit on the heavy side for me, so if I want to try out the Brave Sword 12, since it is a "light" racket, would the 3U version be lighter or heavier than the VT80 4U? (if I want it to be lighter than the VT80, should I go for 3U or 4U BS12?)
02-14-2012, 12:34 AM #11
The BS12 is best used for doubles and the faster you can swing it, the more results you're going to get from it so I chose a 4U.
A VT80 that overall weighs less than a BS12 will still feel heavier than a BS12 when you swing it.
My 4U BS12 weighs 87g so you can use that to compare to your 4U VT80.
02-14-2012, 12:43 AM #12
funny that i've also recently started using a 4u vt80... dry wt 82.9g, bp310mm(!)
prior, i was using a 3u (barely) mx80... dry wt 85.1g, bp 295mm
also happened to acquire via a trade a 3u bs12... dry 86.7g, bp 290mm
long story short: despite the vt80 being lightest by a mile, it tired my arm the most the first few times i used it. however it had the best offensive power, giving up a bit of defence in return. the mx80 had been my go to for the past half a year, great defence but was looking for more offensive sting, hence the vt80. the bs12 i'm not sure how i feel about it... it's too soft and flexy for my style, i just couldn't get any power out of it and defence was worse than my mx80!
02-14-2012, 12:48 AM #13
So are you saying I should go with the 4U instead of 3U if I want the racket to be lighter than my 4U VT80?
@visor - is the BS12 really that flexible? For those who has tried the BS11 and BS12, which would be better do you think?
02-14-2012, 12:53 AM #14
02-14-2012, 12:55 AM #15
Would you recommend me to get the BS 4U or 3U version if I thought the 4U VT80 was a little too heavy?
02-14-2012, 12:56 AM #16
but, let's start over... what are you looking to improve upon by changing rackets from your 4u vt80?
ie. what do and don't you like about your vt80...
this will help us go thru the decision process in selecting the right racket for you, instead of you fixating on the bs series
02-14-2012, 01:02 AM #17
I used to use this "fake" racket which was supper light. It was effortless to move around. Then a week ago i switched to the 4U VT80 and I found that it was much heavier therefore for the first time even my shoulder got sore rather than just my forearm. Also I just want a racket that is a little bit less stiff than the VT80 And my swing speed is much slower than my old "fake" racket. I really like to try out the BS series so I wanted to find a BS that best suits what I need.
By carbonex21 in forum Buy & SellReplies: 6: 10-14-2011, 03:04 PM
By terrance 118 in forum Buy & SellReplies: 1: 07-11-2011, 11:01 AM
By Iffara in forum Buy & SellReplies: 3: 05-30-2011, 11:04 PM
By radicalrev in forum Buy & SellReplies: 2: 09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
By chann in forum Buy & SellReplies: 2: 09-12-2010, 01:20 AM