User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Excellent point. The question is have these generous qualification points always been there in TC and just a special for this year?( Would someone please check against TC10 and TC08?)If it s a special addition for this year, then it s obvious BWF is helping CHN get a third MS qualified. In fact BWF has been trying to help CHN all along. Look at the other racquet sports like tennis and table tennis . Don t the Olympics allow only maximum two per event per country? Why is BWF giving a bonus of a possible third for MS and WS while limiting the Doubles events? Which country will benefit from BWF s irregular rule?? CHN ,of course. Why is BWF doing its best to help CHN, including doing nothing about CHN s despicable walkovers and fake matches? For an organisation that s supposed to champion the sport of Badminton rather than favour a member country, the answer has to be money. Remember BWF can impose a ranking penalty system to deal with walkovers ( or some other methods) and have chosen not to, and indirectly aided CHN to win more prize money and ranking points than possible, it would not be surprising that money s being invisibly moved around from A to B to C. Expect a lot of the unexpected in the run up to OG12.
    1. It's not just special for this year. It has always been like that.

2. I actually think BWF rules penalise teams with strong depth. Isn't it easier to just allow all the top players to enter, without the limiting rules? But I understand that BWF has to conform to certain Olympic guidelines as well.

3. I also dislike walkovers / fixed games, but these are extremely hard to prove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cxytdn View Post
    TUC Asian Preliminary Round 2012 is also Asian Team Championships 2012, why didn't China play?
    Because it isn't. It's just a qualifying tournament. e.g. KOR is not playing in the Uber Cup because they have already qualified.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hcyong View Post
    1. It's not just special for this year. It has always been like that.

2. I actually think BWF rules penalise teams with strong depth. Isn't it easier to just allow all the top players to enter, without the limiting rules? But I understand that BWF has to conform to certain Olympic guidelines as well.

3. I also dislike walkovers / fixed games, but these are extremely hard to prove.
    Has it always been like that? European team championships used to be a separate event right before the individual championship with TUC and SC qualifiers separate. I think only since they did the sensible thing and combine the events does it look like points are awarded for qualiying stage when it really is the points awarded for European Team Championships.
    Have to double check if that is 100% accurate ... (maybe it is even the other way around, but what is certain is that there were separate events before)
    Let me get some dinner first so I can think straight ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 02-15-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. It's not just special for this year. It has always been like that.2. I actually think BWF rules penalise teams with strong depth. Isn't it easier to just allow all the top players to enter, without the limiting rules? But I understand that BWF has to conform to certain Olympic guidelines as well.3. I also dislike walkovers / fixed games, but these are extremely hard to prove.
    1. Sorry, how did you check that out? I think it can only be verified by checking the pre and post ranking points of one or two participating players in TC08 or TC10, not by going through the TC12 qualifying rules, as these would represent updates. PJB sounded like ranking points is a new thing for TC12 and he s not stupid. This new rule does not just help CJ. It can also damage the chances of proven but unpredictable MDs like MK/HS in qualifying for OG12.2. BWF is probably the only sports thing that is unOlympic in their conduct of business. There must be a reason why Olympics have these guidelines or else why have them. 3. Walkovers save the culprits energy and time. Make them turn up for the match and go through the effort of dressing up, warming up and ACTING for the match by penalising their ranking points if they choose to walkover. Not only should they not get points for walkover, they should be penalised as well. Walkovers are too easy. I want to see in how many ways they can act. Adds variety and spice to the tournament. That s a possible career after badminton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad isn't it? At these days and age. Where have all the good guys gone? Err women gone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    1. Sorry, how did you check that out? I think it can only be verified by checking the pre and post ranking points of one or two participating players in TC08 or TC10, not by going through the TC12 qualifying rules, as these would represent updates. PJB sounded like ranking points is a new thing for TC12 and he s not stupid. This new rule does not just help CJ. It can also damage the chances of proven but unpredictable MDs like MK/HS in qualifying for OG12.2. BWF is probably the only sports thing that is unOlympic in their conduct of business. There must be a reason why Olympics have these guidelines or else why have them. 3. Walkovers save the culprits energy and time. Make them turn up for the match and go through the effort of dressing up, warming up and ACTING for the match by penalising their ranking points if they choose to walkover. Not only should they not get points for walkover, they should be penalised as well. Walkovers are too easy. I want to see in how many ways they can act. Adds variety and spice to the tournament. That s a possible career after badminton.
    1. Any team tournament provides ranking. It has been like that since I remember.

2. Olympics have general guidelines for every sport, including number of participants etc, which bwf must confirm to. Unlike world championship, where bwf can basically impose any rule.

3. Agreed, but deliberate walkovers are hard to prove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But deliberate ignorant or under table money launderers organisations are easily to identify.

Doing in daylight robbery. Right in-front of your face. Thinking people are blind. lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it isn't. It's just a qualifying tournament. e.g. KOR is not playing in the Uber Cup because they have already qualified.
    BAC said it's also an Asian Team Championships.

Name:  捕获.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  67.2 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the Badminton Asian Championships were cancelled this year, and the replacement points will come from this qualifying tournament?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool 2012 Asian Teams Championships

Quote Originally Posted by cxytdn View Post
    BAC said it's also an Asian Teams Championships.
    Thanks cxytdn for confirming it.

This shows a few things that BAC may be surprised;

* Why is CHN not sending their best Womens Team?
    * Why is KOR not sending a Womens Team at all?
    * Why is CHN not sending their best Mens Team?

I think the National Associations in Asia considered this event more as the 2012 Thomas Cup and Uber Cup Qualifying Rounds (as staged by the BWF), than the 2012 Asian Teams Championships (as staged by the BAC).

Or, is it because National Associations in Asia are now no longer interested to be Asian Teams Champions anymore?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems PBSI also not happy about this :

INDONESIA have strongly opposed Badminton World Federation's (BWF) decision to allow holders China to play in the ongoing Thomas Cup and Uber Cup qualifying rounds and also making the events as tournaments offering Olympic qualifying points.[/h] Team manager Mohamad Faryansyah said this is something BWF should not have done and warned that badminton may be dropped from the Olympics if the world body fails to control China.

Faryansyah said not only did BWF allow China to compete although they have qualified automatically for the events but the annual Asian Badminton Championships, which is normally the last Olympic qualifying event, has also been cancelled.

The Thomas Cup and Uber Cup qualifiers have been regarded as the Asian Championships although they are individual championships.

He added that BA of Indonesia (PBSI) did send a letter of protest but the effort has been in vain.

"BWF should not have allowed China to play here (in Macau) and it doesn't make sense for the Asian Championships to be cancelled because that is an individual championships," said Faryansyah.

"European team championships have been recognised as their continent's qualifiers for the Thomas Cup and Uber Cup and their individual event is being held separately, so I don't see why the Asian Championships has to be cancelled.

"BWF has bowed to China's pressure and allowed them to play in the qualifying rounds just because it is an Olympic qualifying event.

"China will still play in the final rounds no matter what happens here but their presence has only made things worse. Teams will try to avoid playing China in the knockout stage and will not play in the spirit of the game.

"China are here only because the players will gain world ranking points which is 10 per cent of their total individual points.

"They want maximum representation in the Olympics and are using any loophole in the rules and regulations of BWF to achieve their aim.

"If China is not controlled, the sport is in danger of being dropped from the Olympics."

The onus is on BWF to put a halt to China's motives and a review of the current Olympic qualification process must be conducted to safeguard badminton's future in the Olympic Games.

So, China still can play in TC/Uber finals regardless of outcome??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Malaysia's BAM and its players won't mind about this because they are only in mind of eager to qualify for Finals so badly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the ultimate act of arrogance.. letting his son play in the tournament preliminaries..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb China still can play in TC/Uber finals regardless of outcome

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    So, China still can play in TC/Uber finals regardless of outcome??
    Yes, China still can play in TC/Uber finals regardless of outcome.

This is why there are so many complaints about how BWF allow this to happen (organising/doing things that are not making any sense).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.....so what's the purpose of "qualifying rounds"?? When even if you failed to qualify in the "qualifying round" you still qualify. Does not make sense at all to me. Its just fundamentally against the very mean of having a "qualifying round". I wonder if it ever happens in other sports, or is it just BWF so d**b??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Yes, China still can play in TC/Uber finals regardless of outcome.

This is why there are so many complaints about how BWF allow this to happen (organising/doing things that are not making any sense).
    Hiyaaa, like this type of rules also have. No wonder China can relax2 and send B team. Normal rules is if one forgo the priviledge of automatic qualification, then must fight it out like everyone else. I have no doubt China will qualify even if they chose to participate in qualifying, at least need to make the rules more........At least if the rules is that way, BWF can explain to the other countries.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    At least Malaysia's BAM and its players won't mind about this because they are only in mind of eager to qualify for Finals so badly...
    Qualify for finals? BAM didn't even set their target to qualify for the finals..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast