Towel grip..

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Tvbifreak, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Tvbifreak

Tvbifreak Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys, I'm new to towel and I was wondering if you remove the original grip before placing on the towel grip?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

That depends on if you want the overall grip handle to be thick or not. Towel grip thickness range from as thin as a double layered overgrip to the thickness of a Karakal Super PU.

Before you start using towel grip you should already know how thick you like your grips (with the PU grips and so on) to be at. Just replicate the same with towel grip to start.

Or else ask yourself this: do you remove the original grip when you put on overgrip? Then either way, what is the thickness of the towel grip you plan use and how thick do you want the overall to be?

3. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    How thick is the original victor grip that is already on the wood?
    I removed them, but would like to have a bit thicker under the towel grip...
    Are there any selfadhansive thin (0,3-0,6mm) grips...
    Or any other idea what to use, so far I have 2 laps of electric tape on the wood under the towel grip. But that doesn´t seem perfect... On the other hand with the original grip it felt a bit too thick, but back then I wasn´t even sure what is the ture grip for me... Now i know that i like towel the most, at least for doubles.

4. Porky

Porky Regular Member

U could probably wrap 1 round of overgrip under the towel grip? Otherwise buy some other brands of towel grips like Toalson which is thicker than victor towel grip

5. Tvbifreak

Tvbifreak Regular Member

Student
    The yonex towel grips are pretty thick, maybe try that?