User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 57
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,815
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yellow Card for not shaking hands

    i heard there is a new rule.. You will get a yellow card for not shaking hands with your opponent at the end of the match.

    what kinda stupid rule is that? You can't force people to act politely..

  2. #2
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sportmanship. Just do it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how does the yellow card affect your future games? Does the card stay with you throughout the tournament? Otherwise, what's the point of giving out the card at the end of the match?

  4. #4
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,328
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think BWF had enacted a fine if they don't shake hands first before they run around the court shirtless jumping for joy celebrating their win with their coaches or just plain old doing the Lin-dance.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NorCal, United States
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I posted this in the other thread when LCW played Chen Long and Chen Long won, running off court celebrating.

    It's for a show of sportsmanship, the 1st thing you must do is shake the technical official and opponents' hands. There is a small fine for those who don't. I think it is a good rule for the game.

    This rule is bad? You should see what other sports in America fine for. $15k for not wearing correct color shoes in a football match. A fine in basketball for not dressing up nicely with media around (to show that the players have good images) etc.

    I think this is a forward step for badminton. Show some courtesy for your opponent.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,815
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what Lin Dan did right after he won against LCW in TC2010 and WC2011 were rude and disrespectful.

    but thanking your own coach before shaking hands with opponent, i don't understand why players should be punished for that.. i don't see the logic..
    Last edited by pcll99; 02-16-2012 at 08:16 AM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    what Lin Dan did right after he won against LCW in TC2010 and WC2011 were rude and disrespectful.

    but thanking your own coach before shaking hands with opponent, i don't understand why players should be punished for that.. i don't see the logic..
    I don't understand how you find it disrespectful, if I won these matches in the circumstances, I would have done the same thing...

  8. #8
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,328
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I don't understand how you find it disrespectful, if I won these matches in the circumstances, I would have done the same thing...
    I'd like to see you post a video of you doing a shirtless Lin-dance next time you win.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I'd like to see you post a video of you doing a shirtless Lin-dance next time you win.
    if I won the world championships, I would do it no question

  10. #10
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,161
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "You act like a sportsman or so help us, we'll punish you!" The only way this makes sense is if it's a deterrent, to stop little Tommy steaming off into the crowd after winning his under-13 badminton tournament.

    Do we think the IBF has been monitoring the Luis Suarez situation?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^the crowd made up of his parents and the sports centre staff

    Seriously though, it's ridiculous, if you play someone and your not expected to win, and pull off a 21-19 in the third, don't get too excited, walk calmly towards your opponent shake hands, then with the umpire and service judge, and only then (when the moment has well and truly gone) you can do any sort of celebration or show emotion.

    Come on BWF, get a grip, this is making badminton less of a spectacle, and making it boring...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NorCal, United States
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's look at it this way; you played a spectacular match but unfortunately not everything went your way. You end losing a close match and go up to shake your opponents' hands, but he's off celebrating running around, it seems like it's a shove in your face does it not? At least show respect to the loser before you go off celebrating.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    Let's look at it this way; you played a spectacular match but unfortunately not everything went your way. You end losing a close match and go up to shake your opponents' hands, but he's off celebrating running around, it seems like it's a shove in your face does it not? At least show respect to the loser before you go off celebrating.
    I wouldnt see it like that, you win some you lose some, I would think that I'd get lucky another time or decisions would go my way then, and would understand what they are feeling cause I would feel the same way.

    You don't have to shake hands at the net, you can wait till after the game, it doesnt have to be in public display in my opinion...

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NorCal, United States
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I wouldnt see it like that, you win some you lose some, I would think that I'd get lucky another time or decisions would go my way then, and would understand what they are feeling cause I would feel the same way.

    You don't have to shake hands at the net, you can wait till after the game, it doesnt have to be in public display in my opinion...
    As the loser, I'd most likely want to get out of there ASAP. I'm not gonna be standing there waiting for my opponent to run around the gym and come back to shake my hand.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I think BWF had enacted a fine if they don't shake hands first before they run around the court shirtless jumping for joy celebrating their win with their coaches or just plain old doing the Lin-dance.
    Lin-dance.
    I laughed out loud at that, have to figure out a way to fit that term into a conversation

  16. #16
    Regular Member lcleing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I wouldnt see it like that, you win some you lose some, I would think that I'd get lucky another time or decisions would go my way then, and would understand what they are feeling cause I would feel the same way.

    You don't have to shake hands at the net, you can wait till after the game, it doesnt have to be in public display in my opinion...
    No offence, but I think you grow up in a very different era where self-ego takes priority over everything else.
    While there is nothing wrong with celebrating passionately for your win, you could also be more considerate and tactful by doing so after shaking hand with your opponents.

    Gone were the days where courtesy and manners were the norm of the society. These days, our society are filled with people with the "I am the center of the world and could not care less about others" attitude. This trait is most commonly found among the youngsters who grow up in the period where the UK government has a very soft stand against the youth and minor's misbehaviours.

    While there are times where I would like to commend for the confidence displayed by those youths but sometimes I think these people went abit too much.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,815
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    No offence, but I think you grow up in a very different era where self-ego takes priority over everything else.
    While there is nothing wrong with celebrating passionately for your win, you could also be more considerate and tactful by doing so after shaking hand with your opponents.

    Gone were the days where courtesy and manners were the norm of the society. These days, our society are filled with people with the "I am the center of the world and could not care less about others" attitude. This trait is most commonly found among the youngsters who grow up in the period where the UK government has a very soft stand against the youth and minor's misbehaviours.

    While there are times where I would like to commend for the confidence displayed by those youths but sometimes I think these people went abit too much.
    I entirely agree with the above.

    But forcing people to be polite will not work.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yellow card in All England doubles match
    By ajay106 in forum 2001 - 2013 Tournaments
    Replies: 5
    : 03-12-2012, 03:15 PM
  2. Yellow card in badminton
    By taneepak in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 16
    : 07-29-2010, 08:04 PM
  3. yellow card
    By venkatesh in forum General Forum
    Replies: 7
    : 04-05-2008, 03:39 AM
  4. Shaking hands
    By CoolDoo6 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 21
    : 10-04-2006, 11:38 PM
  5. Yellow Card
    By hoioh in forum General Forum
    Replies: 15
    : 06-01-2005, 05:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •