User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yellow Card for not shaking hands

i heard there is a new rule.. You will get a yellow card for not shaking hands with your opponent at the end of the match.

what kinda stupid rule is that? You can't force people to act politely..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sportmanship. Just do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does the yellow card affect your future games? Does the card stay with you throughout the tournament? Otherwise, what's the point of giving out the card at the end of the match?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think BWF had enacted a fine if they don't shake hands first before they run around the court shirtless jumping for joy celebrating their win with their coaches or just plain old doing the Lin-dance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this in the other thread when LCW played Chen Long and Chen Long won, running off court celebrating.

It's for a show of sportsmanship, the 1st thing you must do is shake the technical official and opponents' hands. There is a small fine for those who don't. I think it is a good rule for the game.

This rule is bad? You should see what other sports in America fine for. $15k for not wearing correct color shoes in a football match. A fine in basketball for not dressing up nicely with media around (to show that the players have good images) etc.

I think this is a forward step for badminton. Show some courtesy for your opponent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what Lin Dan did right after he won against LCW in TC2010 and WC2011 were rude and disrespectful.

but thanking your own coach before shaking hands with opponent, i don't understand why players should be punished for that.. i don't see the logic..
    Last edited by pcll99; 02-16-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    what Lin Dan did right after he won against LCW in TC2010 and WC2011 were rude and disrespectful.

but thanking your own coach before shaking hands with opponent, i don't understand why players should be punished for that.. i don't see the logic..
    I don't understand how you find it disrespectful, if I won these matches in the circumstances, I would have done the same thing...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I don't understand how you find it disrespectful, if I won these matches in the circumstances, I would have done the same thing...
    I'd like to see you post a video of you doing a shirtless Lin-dance next time you win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I'd like to see you post a video of you doing a shirtless Lin-dance next time you win.
    if I won the world championships, I would do it no question

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You act like a sportsman or so help us, we'll punish you!" The only way this makes sense is if it's a deterrent, to stop little Tommy steaming off into the crowd after winning his under-13 badminton tournament.

Do we think the IBF has been monitoring the Luis Suarez situation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^the crowd made up of his parents and the sports centre staff

Seriously though, it's ridiculous, if you play someone and your not expected to win, and pull off a 21-19 in the third, don't get too excited, walk calmly towards your opponent shake hands, then with the umpire and service judge, and only then (when the moment has well and truly gone) you can do any sort of celebration or show emotion.

Come on BWF, get a grip, this is making badminton less of a spectacle, and making it boring...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's look at it this way; you played a spectacular match but unfortunately not everything went your way. You end losing a close match and go up to shake your opponents' hands, but he's off celebrating running around, it seems like it's a shove in your face does it not? At least show respect to the loser before you go off celebrating.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    Let's look at it this way; you played a spectacular match but unfortunately not everything went your way. You end losing a close match and go up to shake your opponents' hands, but he's off celebrating running around, it seems like it's a shove in your face does it not? At least show respect to the loser before you go off celebrating.
    I wouldnt see it like that, you win some you lose some, I would think that I'd get lucky another time or decisions would go my way then, and would understand what they are feeling cause I would feel the same way.

You don't have to shake hands at the net, you can wait till after the game, it doesnt have to be in public display in my opinion...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt see it like that, you win some you lose some, I would think that I'd get lucky another time or decisions would go my way then, and would understand what they are feeling cause I would feel the same way.

You don't have to shake hands at the net, you can wait till after the game, it doesnt have to be in public display in my opinion...
    As the loser, I'd most likely want to get out of there ASAP. I'm not gonna be standing there waiting for my opponent to run around the gym and come back to shake my hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I think BWF had enacted a fine if they don't shake hands first before they run around the court shirtless jumping for joy celebrating their win with their coaches or just plain old doing the Lin-dance.
    Lin-dance.
    I laughed out loud at that, have to figure out a way to fit that term into a conversation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offence, but I think you grow up in a very different era where self-ego takes priority over everything else.
    While there is nothing wrong with celebrating passionately for your win, you could also be more considerate and tactful by doing so after shaking hand with your opponents.

Gone were the days where courtesy and manners were the norm of the society. These days, our society are filled with people with the "I am the center of the world and could not care less about others" attitude. This trait is most commonly found among the youngsters who grow up in the period where the UK government has a very soft stand against the youth and minor's misbehaviours.

While there are times where I would like to commend for the confidence displayed by those youths but sometimes I think these people went abit too much.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    No offence, but I think you grow up in a very different era where self-ego takes priority over everything else.
    While there is nothing wrong with celebrating passionately for your win, you could also be more considerate and tactful by doing so after shaking hand with your opponents.

Gone were the days where courtesy and manners were the norm of the society. These days, our society are filled with people with the "I am the center of the world and could not care less about others" attitude. This trait is most commonly found among the youngsters who grow up in the period where the UK government has a very soft stand against the youth and minor's misbehaviours.

While there are times where I would like to commend for the confidence displayed by those youths but sometimes I think these people went abit too much.
    I entirely agree with the above.

But forcing people to be polite will not work.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast