Arc 8dx to keep...or change?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by NeverWalkAlone, Feb 16, 2012.

1. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

Hi.

If anyone came across my comments, u probably know i have mixed feelings about this racket. It played awesomely, especially with drops and placements. However, the drives/pushes does not have as much punch that i would have liked.

Can anyone recommend a good racket for doubles that's fast and delivers strong drives/pushes, but good control as arc 8dx?

Or do i just keep it and change the string? Currently, using bg65@27lb. It's been lasting for 3-4 months, if not mistaken. :D

2. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

I'd say Victor X80. Very, very fast push and drives, and a fast racquet too - though not as fast as a Nanospeed 9000/9900. The shaft is very stiff though, so it will take some time to get used to.

It is provides excellent control as well, and the shots are very accurate. It will play differently to ArcSaber series, as I find these tend to have flexier shafts.

Alternatively you can try different strings. BG66UM for better feel and control, and BG80/NBG98 for better offense power.

3. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    go for spira 21 or sw 37... both are good rackets

4. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    chepest solution try change the string first. for power u may consider victor VS850,Yonex BG80 or BG85, Ashway Zymax 67 .

5. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    use bg66 or bg 66um

6. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    I agree with the smash king. Try changing your string bg80 power or bg66 ultimax would be a good start. Also work on your wrist and finger strength. strength. The 8dx should respond to what you are putting in to it. Pushes and drives normally come from a short back swing so the stiffness in the frame should be a benefit.

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    BG65 @27Lbs & it has been lasting around 3 - 4 months, your strig may dead already. Cheapest solution is changing your string. Try to have it strung with BG85 or BG66UM. In my opinion, the reason of you having a great time with its placement & drops, is that you did not notice drop in tension due to continuous play, your control is accustomed to it day by day. However for drive, it requires proper wrist technique & an alive string with your desired string tension. Therefore, as above replies have been pointed, try to have your string changed while improving your wrist technique. Let us know the outcome.

8. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

I already changed the string to BG85@23 lb. It was supposed to be @27lb, but due to poor stringing, the tension felt @23lb. I'll have to count that shop out in the future:mad:.

Now, the racket feels more alive. Enjoyed playing with the string for now. Unlike before, the string felt to have more potential to improve on power and placement of my shots. However, due to the low tension, some shots felt funny at times, but that'll be fix later on. After watching some of Lee Jae Bok clips, poor techniques also play a part in my poor drives/pushes. With the racket's lightness and responsive string, this racket's a keep for me. Now, it's my go to racket for doubles.

9. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    good to hear you change the string instead of the racket :D.. 8dx is a good racket.. and you may consider BG66UM also but at higher tension this string wont survive long enough :D..

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Glad to hear that you actually change the string instead of buying a new racket. Now you could allocate the money you are about to spend on buying a new racket, to try different string at different tension as well.
    After you have found your preferred string & string tension, i believe the racket will be more lively.