Ashaway Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Hackey, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Hackey

Hackey Regular Member

Student
    I play with two ashaway micro speed 85 rackets. I used to have a carlton airbalde 2000 as well as several Yonex rackets. i was curious as i haven't seen anyone on these forums with them and they are extremely good rackets. i have played with the muscle power series bar the mp 99 and the ashaway beats them hands down.
    It is light, has only a little flex, a classic head shape and strung with yonex bg70-pro it is awesome.

2. Pointfore.Ca

Pointfore.Ca Regular Member

Equipment Reseller
    Honestly, I didn't even know Ashaway made badminton racquets until I came to this forum. They definitely are not popular in Canada. Ashaway makes a few good strings though (MicroLegend XL is awesome).

What are the specs on some of the Ashaway racquets, and what makes them so special compared to other racquets?

3. Hackey

Hackey Regular Member

Student
    i just found that the balance was perfect, just head heavy enough to give a strong backhand and light enough to enable a quick response in doubles. A lot of the international players at home use them, albeit in ireland.

4. cbravo

cbravo Regular Member

I play with a Ashaway Microspeed 90....This Racquet is so good other senior players in my group is trying to use it..Unfortunately it is not available anymore...

5. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
    Yes, I just realised that we don't have a product review on Ashaway racquets in this site.

I'm using Ashaway Alpha 8800 Iso. It's so great. The weight is in the head, enables you to give a thunderly smash, but it's light enough to be flexible and to do fast motion.

Kwun, do you reckon dat we need to put Ashaway racquets in the product review as well?

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey guys,

Does anyone knows where one could find out more about Ashaway racquets? I came across them while shopping in badmintonchain.com, but I need more information about them. Unfortunately, Ashaway's official website doesn't say anything about them:( Thanks!

7. Philly H

Philly H New Member

Ashaway equipent

I'm a county first team player from England and i have always used Ashaway rackets. They are far less chunky than many of the other rackets about (especially Yonex). They are very well balnced and i've never had a problem with their rackets.
    There are many top players in England who would like to play with Ashaway rackets but are tied down by contracts. I think you know what company i'm talking about!

I don't think there has ever been much doubt that Ashaway produce the best strings (they are certainly the best i've played with) but recently i have also been very impressed with their shuttles. The 'Black' shuttles especially, fly and last equally as well as yonex shuttles and you'll save a few bob.

Recently a new shuttle called 'quill' has been released and although there are many nylon shuttles about that say they fly as well as feather shuttles, i've always found them dissapointing but i've been very impressed by these new ones and they last much longer than feathers. See what you think.

If you have never tried ashway rackets give them a try i think you'll be surprised.

If your looking for more information or a place to buy ashaway gear, I get all mine from www.centralsports.co.uk.

Phil

8. Ashaway UK

Ashaway UK New Member

Thank you for your comments.

Details of our rackets in the UK can be found at www.ashaway.co.uk

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nice to have Ashaway on board BadmintonForum!

Ashaway is one of the brands that many of us are unfamiliar with, look forward to seeing more from "Ashaway UK" so we will get more insight into the products aside from the brochure and webpages...

10. shamoon

shamoon Regular Member

Claims Account Executive
    Ashaway Racket

Hey Guys:

Where in U.S. I can buy Ashaway rackets, anyone knows?

11. n00b

n00b Regular Member

Student
    only place i found ashaway racquets is badmintonchain.com but they dont really have much info and the ashaway site doesnt even mentions them

12. other

other Regular Member

Student
    The ashaway website is really useless on infomation. You guys will need to describe your racquets...........they just say things like "delivers pure power"......what's that mean?!? How is it balanced?

Also, several of their products have "muscle power frame"........huh?

13. Amateur

Amateur Regular Member

Adminstrator
    Ashway TMP 550

Glad to see an Ashway column here. My playing partners mostly use yonex brand. I have question. Currently I'm using Ashway TMP 550 which I was told by the seller it was slightly longer than normal racket, around 2-3cm.

Last weekend, I used another old racket instead. However, I started to feel the difference half way thru set 1. There's a number of times I can't seem to reach to save a point. But once I switched back to Ashway. My form went back to normal.

I started to wonder if that 2-3cm really helps. And I also wanted to know if there is any rule for the racket to be standardized in order to be used in a tournment (I had never joined one!)

Anyone came across such a racket? Or mine just happened to be a mal-manufactured?:confused:

14. nightsky

nightsky Regular Member

ashaway tmp 550

hey, so i found some ppl using ashaway and esp the tmp 550. dun mind tell me abt the ashaway tmp 550 racket? how does it compare with the other ashaway rackets?

15. Amateur

Amateur Regular Member

Adminstrator
    Ashaway TMP550

It's tatinium so it's lighter. Oval head, and I choose the color Purple:D
    And of course the length. I'm quite an amateur in this field so I did not really understand what you want to know.

and last wkend, trying smashing with it. Not very powerful, not passable. maybe the problem lies with me, not the racket.

16. nightsky

nightsky Regular Member

oval?

the ashaway tmp 550 is oval? i always thot it is isometric. hmm, i it seems that ashaway is so rare that no one know about it... *sigh*

17. nightsky

nightsky Regular Member

ashaway

hmm.. does any one know anywhere i can find 'real' ashaway infomation.. esp teh tmp 550.

18. Amateur

Amateur Regular Member

Adminstrator
    Oval or round

Ok, it may not be that oval, cld be round. anyway definitely not isometric. My friend had one being isometric so I know how it's look like.

Couldn't you ask any of the shop owners. One of them introduced Ashaway to me or else I will buy Yonex back again.

19. sgmerlin

sgmerlin Regular Member

Student
    Ashaway tmp 550

Hi,

I have been window shopping around. I have yet to come across Ashaway TMP 550 but I saw TMP 990(Almost exact replica of Yonex MP99) and I saw TMP 700. May I know where I can find TMP 550 in singapore. Thanks.
    :)

20. nightsky

nightsky Regular Member

Ashaway TMP 550

hey Sgmerlin, it is found in Queensway shopping center first floor (right smack at the entrance, if u enter thru the correct entrance). it costs $105 s'pore dollars after bargaining, including strings (BG-66) and grip. I bought it, played once only cos exams are next week. hoping to play mroe after exams. but i like it very much. (my last racket is a 10 yr old carbonex something racket)

anyway, Amateur, it IS isometric. maybe yours is different i dunnoe.

well, do reply here and tell me how u find the racket if u see it.