stress fracture

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by mynameisblablab, Jul 23, 2003.

1. mynameisblablab

mynameisblablab Regular Member

Student
    Hey jonas,

my doctor told me tat due to overtraining i have a stress fracture on my left ankle. he said i mite be out for 3 months.

Have u ever had a stress fracture before? does it REALLY take 3 months? I have been taking time off from training for about 3 weeks, and the pain in my leg is gone. So i am wondering...are the doctors just reallly exaggerating?

I have an important tournament coming up at the end of august and i really wanna do well in it. So do u have any suggestions as to what i should be doing to retain my skill and physique while i am not training on court. I have been biking for about 20 miles everyday to stay in shape and keep my endurance up...do u have any other tips?

thanks!

2. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Listen to your body!!

First of all, it´s very important to listen to the signals your body is sending you and take in consideration how stressed it is. If you feel better after three weeks try to start easily and see how it goes. I wouldn´t recommend starting too quickly from injury because there is a difference from feeling ready in your muscles and your joints. Your muscles are much quicker to recover from serious injury but your joints are healing very slow and need more time time get back to the level of readiness they were before your injury. This is where the doctor comes in and I think you should listen carefully to what he says. If you think it´s much better try to get a second opinion on the matter see what comes from that.

Jonas