my fingers hurt!?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by aznb3n, Feb 17, 2012.

1. aznb3n

aznb3n Regular Member

None
    My thumb hurts . My middle finger hurts... and its really dry

To be more precise...
    on the thumb. It hurts in between the proximal phalanges and the distal phalanges.
    the pain is on on the left side of the thumb, when looking at the open hand.
    On the middle finger it hurts at the distal phalanges.
    its On the left side as well, when looking at your open hand. near the nail.
    [​IMG]

Its not my finger's bones that hurt.
    its the skin that really feels dry and it makes this pain... im not really sure how to explain it.

I noticed some players use ... something to wrap around the finger.
    What would that be? tape? someone tell me please? thanks.
    I also noticed that some player use some kind of liquid? and/or powder?
    naming them out would be nice.

If theres an alternative to these methods.. what would you suggest?

PS: dont tell me to grip my racket in a different way... because im pretty sure im gripping it the right way.

Thanks!

#1 aznb3n, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    First of all, your grip might be too dry causing friction between your racket and fingers, therefore your skin feels dry after playing. I suggest you either hold the racket with a loose grip, change to a less dry grip, or just wait till your skin rips off and a new tougher skin regrows that can withstand the grip. Anyways some people put tape or chalk on their hands to deal with it, but I don't know if its really worth it so its your choice. In my opinion, I would just get a less tacky grip while try to hold my racket with a loose grip.

3. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Could it be calluses - skin thickening in response to wear in places of frequent contact pressure. Those are fairly common on feet but also occur on hands, needs some remedial action to keep them under control.

Try a different wrap on your racket (towel / tape), or a differently weighted racket (maybe a bit extreme)
    Change the grip wrap more often - dont wait till it wears out.

Sweaty hands/arms ? towel off as necessary during games, wear a wrist band to absorb the sweat running down your arm onto the hand.

Since the skin is showing some symptoms a dermatologist should be able to help identify the cause.

4. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    what grip brand/model are you using?.

5. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

see a doc

;)

6. visor

visor Regular Member

ditto...

and if your hands are really dry, you should regularly use hand moisturizer after washing hands and at bedtime

i also found a curel regular lotion (glycerin as active ingredient) that doesn't feel greasy that you can apply a bit to dry hands half an hour before playing. in that time, it'll bind to your skin and make it slightly tacky when there's sweat