Yonex AC402EX Towel Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by ioxyg3n520, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ioxyg3n520

ioxyg3n520 Regular Member

Hi. I really want to try towel grips coming from the Yonex AC102EX Super Grap. But I had a few questions in mind that I really want those who have experienced both to answer :)

1) Overall, that are the benefits and cons of using towel grips as they are no tacky at all.
    2) Are they somewhat mushy like the super graps?
    3) If I overgrip them on the stock grip, are they going to be a LOT thicker compared to the Yonex Super Grap?

Thanks!!

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

1. Towel grips are for players who grip the handle loosely and then tighten the handle heavily when making shots. Thus tackiness is not important (you don't want your fingers to stick to the grip) compared to softness and palm dryness (this explains the towel and sweat absorption).

The only con is that not a lot of people have that loose grip and tend to grip the towel grip too hard or too soft like they do a PU grip and results in the grip either feeling too hard or slipping from the hand.

3. AC402EX is very thick, about six times as thick as AC102EX. However AC402 (DX) JP is as thin as two and a half times AC102EX.

3. ioxyg3n520

Do you know where I can buy the AC102 DX JP in red?

4. ioxyg3n520

5. ioxyg3n520

Hey. Does anyone know like a step by step tutorial on how to apply a Towel Grip? I just got it in the mail and it seems to be very short, much shorter than regular synthetic graps and I don't want to mess up, Thanks.