User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Just saying there this is probably not the pair they wanted to meet early on. Adcock/Bankier have beaten them before and with a rabid home crowd, who knows.

BTW, I don't think LYB is stupid enough to allow ZN/ZYL to win the AE because of the AE-OG curse
    Fair enough that ZN/ZYL is WR1 and to have Adcock/Bankier for 1st round opponent. Adcock/Bankier IMO is over rated, just that they did very well at WC. We shall see if they can even take 1 set from ZN/ZYL.

You really think LYB care about curse. If that is so, then they should be no CHN winners at this AE being OLY year.
    My prediction: WD, XD, WS go to CHN. MD 50-50 if CY/FHF meet JSJ/LYD, if any other opponent will be CHN win AE MD.
    MS 50-50 if LD meets LCW, if LD out of MSF, and LCW in MSF then CHN 40 chance of winning, LCW 60.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Fair enough that ZN/ZYL is WR1 and to have Adcock/Bankier for 1st round opponent. Adcock/Bankier IMO is over rated, just that they did very well at WC. We shall see if they can even take 1 set from ZN/ZYL.

You really think LYB care about curse. If that is so, then they should be no CHN winners at this AE being OLY year.
    My prediction: WD, XD, WS go to CHN. MD 50-50 if CY/FHF meet JSJ/LYD, if any other opponent will be CHN win AE MD.
    MS 50-50 if LD meets LCW, if LD out of MSF, and LCW in MSF then CHN 40 chance of winning, LCW 60.
    Haiya, look at the smiley after my comment. Would have saved you the trouble of going through the analysis after.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember they only seed 8 players in the draw. In this quarter, WX (2) and JS (8) are the seeds. Throw in prominent players like TTY, Rat, Yippy and the 2 Koreans, this becomes the equivalent of the "Group of Death".
    Looks that way for WX, but first of, they are all good players. With WX losing more to her team mates than outsiders, I think WX should be happy as the other 2 Wangs and JYJ are in the top half smacking each other with only 1 left. Who knows what card LYB will play in the top half, at least WX knows there is no team order for her in her half and she just play all out and see what will happen. My prediction WX into final.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haiya, look at the smiley after my comment. Would have saved you the trouble of going through the analysis after.
    Oops miss your So what is your prediction, if any

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks that way for WX, but first of, they are all good players. With WX losing more to her team mates than outsiders, I think WX should be happy as the other 2 Wangs and JYJ are in the top half smacking each other with only 1 left. Who knows what card LYB will play in the top half, at least WX knows there is no team order for her in her half and she just play all out and see what will happen. My prediction WX into final.
    It's a tough ask but I would love to see Rat come out of this quarter. Lots of tough, physical matches here so whoever comes out will be a little beaten up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops miss your So what is your prediction, if any
    Still thinking. Trying to go into the (master)mind of LYB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saying there this is probably not the pair they wanted to meet early on. Adcock/Bankier have beaten them before and with a rabid home crowd, who knows.

BTW, I don't think LYB is stupid enough to allow ZN/ZYL to win the AE because of the AE-OG curse
    Nevertheless, for Chinese XD pairs, i am not sure they are mentally strong enough to focus and play consistently in big events . It's 50-50 match for this tie because British pair can play well in one match and later screw up in the following. I don't expect them to win the title anyway but upset-wise they can pull one or two stunts if luck favours them

They might screw up like this He Hanbin. Whoever partners him wont do very well in big events.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Nevertheless, for Chinese XD pairs, i am not sure they are mentally strong enough to focus and play consistently in big events . It's 50-50 match for this tie because British pair can play well in one match and later screw up in the following. I don't expect them to win the title anyway but upset-wise they can pull one or two stunts if luck favours them

They might screw up like this He Hanbin. Whoever partners him wont do very well in big events.
    We've seen that Adcock/Bankier can pull it off in a one-off situation. You're right, they don't have the consistency yet to plough through a whole tournament. Throw in an early round match when the CHN pair are still adjusting to the conditions and things become a little more favourable for the GB pair.

Re HHB, so you're saying it's the end of the line for cutie Bao Yixin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've seen that Adcock/Bankier can pull it off in a one-off situation. You're right, they don't have the consistency yet to plough through a whole tournament. Throw in an early round match when the CHN pair are still adjusting to the conditions and things become a little more favourable for the GB pair.

Re HHB, so you're saying it's the end of the line for cutie Bao Yixin?
    Bao Yixin should partner Chai Biao for Mixed Doubles ! He Hanbin, along with Xie Zhongbo were the harbinger of doom for China's XD.

None of them had achieved anything big since 2004. Took ZN/ZYL to reclaim the dominance for China but only just.

All England we will see a lot of orchestrated walkovers so bear in mind, the main priority for China to ensure Chen Jin gets more points than Peter Gade and other Chinese players to maintain their ranking position, and then focus on the winning the titles.

I mean Peter Gade should just give up and let Chen Jin grab that spot. His ongoing battle with Chen Jin is driving him on the edge of collapsing due to fatigue if he carries on like this. Chen Jin has all it takes to play as many matches as possible so he wont mind if he needs to play in three SS tournaments weeks in a row.

I would love to see WX win the AE to complete the "Wang" set like Wang yihan did in Malaysia last month though if she won it means she wont win the AE....the curse is too strong/disturbing to be ignored..

Maybe Saina Nehwal will win this time...damn she always had a comfortable/easy draw in every SSP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry typo - WX wont win the OG if she wins the AE T.T

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHN XD not mentally strong? They are in a class of their own, just their internal competition to represent CHN in XD is tougher than facing their opponents. They have to be mentally tough to survive and to beat their teammates, one setback and they are done, with another pair(s) waiting to replace them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a tough ask but I would love to see Rat come out of this quarter. Lots of tough, physical matches here so whoever comes out will be a little beaten up.
    The top half is more beaten up. If WYH wins the AE12, she may have to face TB (no easy task) plus 3 of her teammates who train with her and know her playing style very well. Except for the first round, WYH path thereafter is the toughest of all, she has to prepare mentally and physically for each opponent who has the ability to knock her out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The top half is more beaten up. If WYH wins the AE12, she may have to face TB (no easy task) plus 3 of her teammates who train with her and know her playing style very well. Except for the first round, WYH path thereafter is the toughest of all, she has to prepare mentally and physically for each opponent who has the ability to knock her out.
    Play 3 of her teammates... tough? Ever heard of LYB?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone has completely kept Saina Nehwal out of contention.......She would have a hard quarterfinal against Li Xuerui which would be tough as she has a bad record against her...but if she wins it would be interesting semifinal with Xin Wang as both have 2-2 record in 2011...May be Saina Nehwal in contention

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bao Yixin should partner Chai Biao for Mixed Doubles ! He Hanbin, along with Xie Zhongbo were the harbinger of doom for China's XD.

None of them had achieved anything big since 2004. Took ZN/ZYL to reclaim the dominance for China but only just.
    Bao YX partnering Chai Biao--very very interesting choice!! I like it. Chai Biao is much better than He HB. But if Chai B were to partner with Bao, who will partner with Guo ZD?

Actually, I think Chai B with Tian Q would also be worth thinking about. TianQ did well with whoever she partnered with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=ngkt67;1848169]looks like Koo/Tan face the real test to prove their back-in form as they will up against mighty Jung/Lee in quarterfinals... As Koo/Tan finally beaten Ko/Yoo last week, will they do the same thing as they last beaten Jung/Lee in WC 2010...[/QUOTE Yeah the victory over JJS-LYD would be important to KKK-TBH for the boost of self confidence and also build up of London Olympic.
    Last edited by olympic; 02-22-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Typo error

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play 3 of her teammates... tough? Ever heard of LYB?
    Dude, if WYH meets WSX/JYJ and then WX, it would be SF and F respectively, that would be no fixing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast