User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 82
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Miqilin7;1849136]
    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post


    MS - LCW (as usual)
    WS - WSX (if she overcomes CSC in round one)
    MD - Boe and Mogensen
    WD - Neither one of the CHN pairs for some reason
    XD - Pedersen and Fischer
    You really believe in the jinz thingie...you practically wipe out all CHN top hitters from the podium...one event that CHN would have an almost guarantee winning is WD and your jinz thingie delete them. Other than that, your choices are good too. Even though you leave out picking WD but if any pair wins other the 2 CHN pair, I concede your prediction is right so you don't have to pick the winning pair. We shall see who the winners are.....

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=OneToughBirdie;1849325]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post

    You really believe in the jinz thingie...you practically wipe out all CHN top hitters from the podium...one event that CHN would have an almost guarantee winning is WD and your jinz thingie delete them. Other than that, your choices are good too. Even though you leave out picking WD but if any pair wins other the 2 CHN pair, I concede your prediction is right so you don't have to pick the winning pair. We shall see who the winners are.....
    Jinx related to Olympics is strongly affecting the Chinese players. The feeling of being champion in All England gives them a lot of pressure or uneasiness when they perform on court in OG. When Lin Dan talked about his first round loss, he disagreed it was one of his bad days and admitted the pressure he faced was too great being a number 1. Furthermore you are entering the tournament as an All England champion, that speaks volume of how much you need to win to justify that position.

    His loss has served a good lesson to him and the rest of the Chinese. I am pretty sure most of them would try to avoid getting jinxed. Still it doesn't mean they shouldn't play badly on purpose to give away the titles, they will somehow try their best. It is great if they win it , to fans who are overly concerned about the jinx will have to start worrying then because as a hardcore CHN fan, i look forward to the Olympics. All england can be re-captured in the following years. It isn't going anywhere.

    Lee Chong Wei will win it easily, his mental strength has magnified since his "undeserved" victory over Tago. He no longer treats All England as a major tournament difficult to win so it's going to be hard to beat him with such mindset.

    I will say for CHN to use this tournament to really pinpoint and identify the players that would become their silent threat or dark horses in London. Players they never face before for instance Carolyn Marin, hey that girl is pretty good, they havent played against her yet, Kevin Cordon, and several others . We and CHN will find out who they should pay attention to when they kick off their preparations for OG

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=OneToughBirdie;1849325]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post

    ...one event that CHN would have an almost guarantee winning is WD and your jinz thingie delete them
    I didn't complete my individual predictions in the last post. There is a new threat emerging from Europe:

    Christina Pedersen and Kamillia Rytter-Juhl.

    Other pairs who can sort of trouble them are Ha-Kim, Kakiiwa-Fujii, Suetsuna-Maeda..though they always lose..

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,870
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Mixed Doubles - I am going for Pedersen and Fischer. They will win it hands down
    Pederson/Fischer vs ZYL/ZN would be most interesting to watch since ZYL/ZN has yet to win against them on European soil. Beside ZYL has to play in WD (probably all the way to the final). It is an uphill battle for ZYL/ZN even though they are WR1 for more than one year now. Hope there will be a repeat of French Open 2011 (at semi final), which was unforgettable (despite not being broadcast by TV or hahasport).

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We'll just have to wait and see. I think some people over estimate the whole Jinx thing. Sure, they have a bad record in AE-OG, but that doesn't mean that there is suddenly a jinx. Superstition ... .

    What I do get is that the pressure is higher when winning the AE and then going to the OG. It is definitely something to take into account, but a Jinx? Nah. It is only yet again another test for the mental fitness. If you win the AE, people will immediately count on you and the feedback will murder you when you lose early.

    If LYB gives in to the whole Jinx thing and, for some reason, orders all his top players to WO, they better give the steering wheel to a panda.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why bother to participate if scare of jinx?hehe
    send chen jin,chen long and lin dan is enough

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quantifier 1 could possibly be Viktor Axelsen (29) DE 18yr; playing Kenichi Tago (8) JPN 22yr, be a good battle, Viktor has beat THidayat and pushed PGade to 3 sets, could this be a potential upset for Tago? Viktor is improving all the time, I think both are real contenders for next Olympics 2016 and future top 5 players in the world..

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *Qualifier

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpb93 View Post
    *Qualifier
    Axelsen is currently ranked 29th in the world, if you remove additional players from countries that are not going to qualify for Olympics in London, by right he still has a chance to break into top 16.

    I think he should try his best to qualify, it would be good preparation for his Rio 2016 as soon as he peaks. So Dannish badminton must not always focus on Gade's agenda only, he will surely qualify but what about their plans for Rio ?

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't think he will be able to qualify this year 15,000 points of 2nd Denmark player to qualify J.Orgonsen.. But I do see him taking a medal in Rio, should be a good match between Tago and Viktor

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down

    [QUOTE=Miqilin7;1849374]
    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post

    Jinx related to Olympics is strongly affecting the Chinese players. The feeling of being champion in All England gives them a lot of pressure or uneasiness when they perform on court in OG. When Lin Dan talked about his first round loss, he disagreed it was one of his bad days and admitted the pressure he faced was too great being a number 1. Furthermore you are entering the tournament as an All England champion, that speaks volume of how much you need to win to justify that position.

    His loss has served a good lesson to him and the rest of the Chinese. I am pretty sure most of them would try to avoid getting jinxed. Still it doesn't mean they shouldn't play badly on purpose to give away the titles, they will somehow try their best. It is great if they win it , to fans who are overly concerned about the jinx will have to start worrying then because as a hardcore CHN fan, i look forward to the Olympics. All england can be re-captured in the following years. It isn't going anywhere.

    Lee Chong Wei will win it easily, his mental strength has magnified since his "undeserved" victory over Tago. He no longer treats All England as a major tournament difficult to win so it's going to be hard to beat him with such mindset.

    I will say for CHN to use this tournament to really pinpoint and identify the players that would become their silent threat or dark horses in London. Players they never face before for instance Carolyn Marin, hey that girl is pretty good, they havent played against her yet, Kevin Cordon, and several others . We and CHN will find out who they should pay attention to when they kick off their preparations for OG


    Who the hell are you to say deserved or not?! You(s) are simply not good enough like many of you here in the forum to pass judgement. Be professional when you do post, make it count! Go get a life, i hope you(s) have a life other than posting necessary comments only to discredit yourself!

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Tommy Susanto;1853437]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Who the hell are you to say deserved or not?! You(s) are simply not good enough like many of you here in the forum to pass judgement. Be professional when you do post, make it count! Go get a life, i hope you(s) have a life other than posting necessary comments only to discredit yourself!
    Why can t OTB pass judgement like he did? That is his opinion and there is no right or wrong opinion. Does his opinion carry so much weight that it will discredit LCW s maiden AE title? Of course not. Most BCers are intelligent enough to judge for themselves. His opinion just reflects his lack of confidence and belief in LCW and he s a 100% Team CHN worshipper. What s wrong with that? My opinion will be the opposite. CHN s walkovers indicate they are not good enough to win clean most of the time and Team CHN is overrated. What s your (professional ) opinion? It will be good to know.

  13. #64
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,447
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Susanto View Post



    Who the hell are you to say deserved or not?! You(s) are simply not good enough like many of you here in the forum to pass judgement. Be professional when you do post, make it count! Go get a life, i hope you(s) have a life other than posting necessary comments only to discredit yourself!
    damn! Where is that 'don't like and bugger off' button?
    Last edited by AlanY; 03-04-2012 at 01:02 AM.

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Tommy Susanto;1853437]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post



    Who the hell are you to say deserved or not?! You(s) are simply not good enough like many of you here in the forum to pass judgement. Be professional when you do post, make it count! Go get a life, i hope you(s) have a life other than posting necessary comments only to discredit yourself!
    Come on mate, watch the final again and you dont need to be a professional to tell Lee Chong Wei was freaked out when playing against Tago.

    Had Tago won the second set, there's a likelihood he will go on to win because Lee Chong Wei at that time doesn't have what it takes to be a world beater, only a SS winner. But hey, the call made him took the title, a win is a win. Kudos to him but terrible for Tago because he literally got away with murder.

    That game was the turning point as to what has transpired today? I dare you to answer this !

    If Lee Chong Wei lost that day to Tago, he would produce the same form today. I can courageously tell you in the face. NO!

    Hey i am entitled to my own opinion and some BCers are right..I am Team CHN fan but anti-LYB ..It's a pity we have to play dirty to win but get this right, Lin Dan never played dirty in the all england and world championship. He won them fair and square without any help. instead he helped others by giving away his titles.

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    3,321
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Miqilin7;1853485]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Susanto View Post
    Come on mate, watch the final again and you dont need to be a professional to tell Lee Chong Wei was freaked out when playing against Tago. Had Tago won the second set, there's a likelihood he will go on to win because Lee Chong Wei at that time doesn't have what it takes to be a world beater, only a SS winner. But hey, the call made him took the title, a win is a win. Kudos to him but terrible for Tago because he literally got away with murder.That game was the turning point as to what has transpired today? I dare you to answer this !If Lee Chong Wei lost that day to Tago, he would produce the same form today. I can courageously tell you in the face. NO! Hey i am entitled to my own opinion and some BCers are right..I am Team CHN fan but anti-LYB ..It's a pity we have to play dirty to win but get this right, Lin Dan never played dirty in the all england and world championship. He won them fair and square without any help. instead he helped others by giving away his titles.
    Do the research again. LD failed to win AG, OG and WC until he was helped by his three teammates BCL, CH and CJ to lift his first WC title. In fact, BCL was in the zone, (after defeating LCW for the first time?) and when he reached the score of 17, had to wait for LD to catch up, so he could lose to LD because LD needed the WC breakthrough...you know how many times LD had failed on his own to win AG, OG and WC?

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=pjswift;1853715]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Do the research again. LD failed to win AG, OG and WC until he was helped by his three teammates BCL, CH and CJ to lift his first WC title. In fact, BCL was in the zone, (after defeating LCW for the first time?) and when he reached the score of 17, had to wait for LD to catch up, so he could lose to LD because LD needed the WC breakthrough...you know how many times LD had failed on his own to win AG, OG and WC?
    I did and I will repeat it the second time. Lin Dan's Olympic was definitely controversial because Chen Jin obviously gave him a free pass to beat Lee Chong Wei in a good condition.

    And No Lin Dan never relied on any footsoldier to win all the World Championships and Asian Games

    Fact 1 presented:

    WC 2006: Lin Dan fought like a bi tch against Chen Hong in the semis, and then Bao Chunlai in the final...It wouldnt make any sense if all these are orchestrated just to let Lin Dan lift the crown. It was an all Chinese final, LYB by no means has no right to decide who takes the title or not. Lin Dan won this far and square. For those who accused Lin Dan of winning because Taufik and Lee Chong Wei were absent, too bad....they just lost in the early round. sulk it up. I could say Taufik's 2004 OG was fluke as well if that's the case because he didnt face any Chinese players but I wont do so

    Back to Lin Dan

    WC 2007: Taufik crashed out against Anup Sridhar (in form) who pulled the biggest upset of the tournament. Lee Chong Wei played like an idiot against Sony and received the biggest humiliation of his life. What was Lin Dan doing again ? He beat Anup Sridhar and Sony to win the title, the players that spoiled the favourites' hope. Where did the foul play happen ?

    WC 2009 : Lin Dan did not face any Chinese until the final. He beat Peter Gade, and oh wait, guess who ? IT'S SONY again who gave Lee Chong Wei a second slap in the face and then faced Chen Jin in the final. PLEASE where do you get the idea that Chen Jin could stand a chance against Lin Dan ? Unless he got his leg cut off. Again another well deserved victory by Lin Dan

    WC2011 and Asiad 2010: I dont recall Lin Dan facing any chinese opponents. So yea, whoever claimed he dont deserve to win this title can just stfu.

    The above proves how credible Lin Dan is as a legend. Enough said

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Miqilin7;1853485]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Susanto View Post

    Come on mate, watch the final again and you dont need to be a professional to tell Lee Chong Wei was freaked out when playing against Tago.

    Had Tago won the second set, there's a likelihood he will go on to win because Lee Chong Wei at that time doesn't have what it takes to be a world beater, only a SS winner. But hey, the call made him took the title, a win is a win. Kudos to him but terrible for Tago because he literally got away with murder.

    That game was the turning point as to what has transpired today? I dare you to answer this !

    If Lee Chong Wei lost that day to Tago, he would produce the same form today. I can courageously tell you in the face. NO!

    Hey i am entitled to my own opinion and some BCers are right..I am Team CHN fan but anti-LYB ..It's a pity we have to play dirty to win but get this right, Lin Dan never played dirty in the all england and world championship. He won them fair and square without any help. instead he helped others by giving away his titles.
    Your argument would be more credible if Tago has won at least once against LCW. Too many "if" statements, predicting Tago's win when in most likelihood LCW would have won it.

    Anyway LCW lost the Olympics and came back stronger. I really wonder why some think his mind is so fragile, you dont enter the finals of 11 consecutive tournaments with this kind of handicap.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Sharing] ALL ENGLAND SS Premier 2012
    By ilovecp2007 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 89
    : 03-18-2012, 04:25 PM
  2. Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #160 ALL ENGLAND PREMIER SS - 2012
    By Sandy in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012
    Replies: 371
    : 03-15-2012, 03:26 AM
  3. ALL ENGLAND SS Premier 2012 - Schedule/Result/LiveScore
    By CLELY in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012
    Replies: 0
    : 03-04-2012, 08:57 PM
  4. Entry List of ALL ENGLAND SS Premier 2012
    By CLELY in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012
    Replies: 10
    : 02-23-2012, 01:18 AM
  5. DRAW of KOREA Open SS Premier 2012
    By CLELY in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012
    Replies: 21
    : 01-02-2012, 05:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •