User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Mental Strength - Help me out ! !

I've search the forum before I post but I'm not sure that I'm using the right keyword or not. So I hope that this topic is new and it's my problem right now.

I can play pretty well in game w/o pressure, normal game, friendly game. But sometime our club have a competition and the pressure come to me in every match, when I miss like 2 shot in a row my pressure double up and make me freak out .

Another problem is when I play with the player that seems his skill is weaker than mine. I didn't play like serious in every shot and make me miss a lot, even lose in sometime

In the second situation my friend told me that, "It's a game just do it, kill the opponent" but my nature is too kind to everyone. I feel bad when I overkill those weaker player.

So. . . I have 2 situation can anyone suggest me how to build up the "Mental Strength" ?

PS. thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by callihniel View Post
    I've search the forum before I post but I'm not sure that I'm using the right keyword or not. So I hope that this topic is new and it's my problem right now.
    Here is a list of the topics from the BC search function. There may be good advice for you here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...archid=6589508
    The one thing that is key to controlling your emotions is experience. Of course that takes time. But eventually you will find that you don't "freak out" -- you just say to yourself, 'I've been in this situation before, I know what to do'.
    Until you've gained that experience, there are lots of different ways people use to calm themselves: thinking positive thoughts, special breathing exercises, and so on. Many of these techniques have been discussed in the threads that you can find in the link above.

In the second situation my friend told me that, "It's a game just do it, kill the opponent" but my nature is too kind to everyone. I feel bad when I overkill those weaker player.
    It's not a bad thing to be kind. Seems to be a rather widespread "problem" among the Thai people I've known.
    However, you'll learn that you can be kind without losing. Some of the kindest people I know thrash me regularly at badminton.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Fidget: Link you provided doesn't seem to work.
    @OP: For competitive play, just don't think about win/loss during your rallies. Instead focus on current rally/shots. W.r.t. friendly matches, you could use goal-setting, e.g. try not to give your opponent more than N number of points (e.g. winning him no worse than 21-5). This helps you treasure each point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a mentality think

maybe u need a coach to teach u how to overcome it

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raymond View Post
    @Fidget: Link you provided doesn't seem to work....
    How right you are. It is supposed to be the single content search with "mental" in the title. There are quite a few threads that result from that search. Perhaps this link will do it: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...archid=6590325
    Quote Originally Posted by raymond
    @OP: ... you could use goal-setting, e.g. try not to give your opponent more than N number of points (e.g. winning him no worse than 21-5)....
    How come that strategy never seems to work against the opponent on the iPhone '3-D Badminton' app!?