yonex naoray 20 or Victor Artery Tec Ti 100 for beginner/intermediate allround palyer

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BobbyB, Feb 23, 2012.

1. BobbyB

BobbyB Regular Member

Software Engg
    Hi:
    A little bit about my profile first. I have been playing badminton since childhood occasionally, now playing it regularly. Although at my 30s, I am taking it more seriously now. My level would be beginner transitioning to intermediate soon. I play mostly doubles, smash when offered the opportunity but generally I like to place the shuttle than just smashing (my smash isnt that good either). I noticed I prefer playing the head light rackets. Played with arcsaber 02, arcsaber 5, karakal speed tour and owned nanospeed 100 (recently broken). My favorite is nano 100 (yes over karakal one, call me weird if you will). Given that, I probably would like nanoray 20 which is similar to nanospeed 100 but the online shop I am buying from gave a pretty good deal on the victor racket (http://www.badmintonwarehouse.com/Victor_Artery_Tec_Ti_100_Badminton_Racquet_p/rvat100.htm). Given that the vic is an advanced racket than nanoray 20, its difficult to pass it. What your advice to me. Which one should I get? More details about any of this racket will also be appreciated (personal experience only, I researched online about the rackets well enough. One thing though. Could find reference to victor at 100 on the official website!)

(Yes, i got a badminton shoe, and planning to take lessons. So no need to say that I should concentrate on technique than rackets. I already know that ;)

2. aznb3n

aznb3n Regular Member

None
    blah from what i hear, that site sells fake rackets.
    Never actually purchased from that site, but yeah just wanted to share what i heard.
    I Could be wrong.

anyhow, id suggest the nanoray 20 i guess, if those are your only two options.
    I havent tried them personnaly. and the artery tec series arent really that popular.

So heres the deal. From what i think, you should either
    1.buy the nanoray
    2. bet on the victor racket and hope itll be good.
    3.walk around your sport local stores and look around for rebates.
    4. wait until boxing day... youll have to be patient.. but the prices on older rackets.. where i live ... in canada dropped like crazy. Zslash was 130$... but i didnt have the money ;[

In my local shop, they sold Artery Tec 95 Ti Control and Power.
    Control was the more Flexible one. that im 100% sure
    But, it was slight HeadHeavy, so ive read.
    I dont really remember the feeling even though i tried swinging it around. Felt balanced...
    i dont know...

Anyways

PERSONALLY, in yourcase, i would suggest AEROdynamics head shapes, or something that passees through wind easy. Not box shape, because it slows your swing down. and trust me. theres a difference.
    and just saying,
    Dont worry about newer/older rackets. I still have a Isometric 63, and it still plays good.
    The reason why im not using .. is because its shorter than normal average rackets, hence more stretching. kinda unfair for me huh? xD

Anyways, i hope this helps!

3. BobbyB

BobbyB Regular Member

Software Engg
    Thanks aznb3n for your candid thoughts. I will do a little more research about the authenticity of badminton warehouse products. The thing is in Ottawa, I found only exports experts and sportcheck that carry a decent selection of rackets. But they dont keep victors or li nings. There are a couple independent shops that i can try. Thanks again for your thoughts.

4. JFoNg

JFoNg New Member

Student
    You should try the RA center pro shop. They provide a good selection of yonex rackets, and also carry victor as well.

5. aznb3n

aznb3n Regular Member

None
    do not buy from that site.
    I verified and im quite sure it sells fake rackets.

6. BobbyB

BobbyB Regular Member

Software Engg
    thanks aznb3n. I will stay away frm that site. However, i would like to hear a little more detail abt how you verified they sell fakes. This info will be helpful to warn others.