User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    it used to be available from newtechtennis.com but they don't have it anymore. you can mail Mark (mark@alphatennis.com) to see if it is available. i got mine through him.
    wow... thank god I ordered like 1-2 weeks ago

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to revive an oldish thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this. When you take off your flying clamps, how much did the machine change in response to the change in tension? For example my dropweight actually drops further as I take off the orange flying clamps. So my two options are: 1. leave the dropweight a little above horizontal then as I take off the clamps it drops to horizontal? or 2. Should I drop the bar to horizontal, take off the clamps, then re-tension the string until horizontal again? Any advice?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    Sorry to revive an oldish thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this. When you take off your flying clamps, how much did the machine change in response to the change in tension? For example my dropweight actually drops further as I take off the orange flying clamps. So my two options are: 1. leave the dropweight a little above horizontal then as I take off the clamps it drops to horizontal? or 2. Should I drop the bar to horizontal, take off the clamps, then re-tension the string until horizontal again? Any advice?
    interesting question. i assume you are refering to while using the method i showed in the video.

there are some slack strings in the flying where there strings are clamped between the teeth. and it is expected to tightened when you remove the clamps. due to the fact that there is nothing clamping the string on the other end, it is not a good idea to do option 2. i would do option 1 instead.

i don't see that issue as the WISE electronic tensioner automatically adjusts for the slack once the flying clamps are removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks or the input, kwun! That was a pretty quick response time too haha. Hopefully, once I get enough interest at my club for stringing services I can upgrade to an electronic tensioner instead.

Btw, did you get your WISE error code resolved? How many rackets did you string before the error code?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    Thanks or the input, kwun! That was a pretty quick response time too haha. Hopefully, once I get enough interest at my club for stringing services I can upgrade to an electronic tensioner instead.

Btw, did you get your WISE error code resolved? How many rackets did you string before the error code?
    yeah. the cost is worth it after you string maybe 100 rackets.

as for the error code, it went away on its own. it happened on a particularly cold day so may be that was the cause. i saw the code after around 350 rackets.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    yeah. the cost is worth it after you string maybe 100 rackets.

as for the error code, it went away on its own. it happened on a particularly cold day so may be that was the cause. i saw the code after around 350 rackets.
    Thanks for the info, I'm a little closer to taking the plunge for it. Especially since it's $495 now. It would go so well with my new Gamma Progression II 602 though if I paid for all of it now it would cost >$900 total. Maybe I'll wait to make some profit with the dropweight on its own before getting the wise. There's a new one coming/already out right? (Haven't heard from Herb in awhile)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2