Yonex 8112 Bag - is it big enough?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by tobradex, Feb 24, 2012.

1. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    Hiya,

I'm lookin to sexy up a bit and get a backpack style bag instead of a duffle type. I rather pack it on my back than lug it on one shoulder.

I was thinking the Yonex 8112 style, but has anyone tried this bag before? Comments?
    http://www.yonex.co.uk/Tennis/Product.aspx?ProdID=1028

I need to fit 2 racquets, shoes, 3 or 4 tubes of feathers, a T-shirt and shorts. (and maybe the odd left over candy bar).

Does this have enough room for that? I'm dimension impaired so

Thanks for your help!!!

2. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    That pic shows 2 racket handles sticking out the corner. Compare a tennis racket with a shuttle tube to get an idea of size.

There may be just about enough space for your 4 tubes and rackets and small amount of clothes when well packed and dry.

Shoes maybe not - that bag looks a bit flat.

In the past when I tried backpacks with racket handles sticking out like that after walking some while the rackets would start to lean over and make it a bit awkward. It needs a strap or something in the bag to hold them vertical, not just the zipper.

I use an rsl explorer 1 bag, If you dont need to have a yy bag its a good choice.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/81431-RSL-Explorer-1-Backpack

3. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    Thanks Johnv.

Poo. I kinda like the square look. Good suggestion on the RSL E1. After poking around I think i'm now on the hunt for the E1.1 :)

Thanks again for the help