is anyone familiar with this stringing machine?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Sparky, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Sparky

Sparky Regular Member

I bought this Black knight stringing machine used but it doesnt seem to have a model name, just says black knight.
    it has one fixed clamp and it also came with a flying clamp.
    It seems to work fine, I strung up a few rackets with it now. But just curious if anyone else has or used one of these as i cant seem to find any information on this stringer.

What is the best method using this stringer as it seems the fixed clamp holds tension much better than the flying clamp. the flying clamp always has some movement when you release the weight.

Thanks

IMG_6819.jpg

IMG_6820.JPG

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i'd say that it is an Eagnas OEM as there seems to elements that looks like an Eagnas, but also piece that are improved from it. (look for Hawk 80)

the side supports looks not bad with screw adjustment.

the single fixed clamp is nice and if secure will be sufficient for aiding starting of mains (though not that much on the mains themselves) and also starting and stringing of cross. certainly better than no fixed clamps at all.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) the north and south posts shouls be evenly positioned from center.
    2) Make sure the side support is tight and so it does not move while stringing. Not pushing in tight.
    3) I will not put load spreader on this thing because 2 adjustable post is in an angle.
    DO NOT go above 28 lb. Trust me on this.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The angled 12/6 would have me very worried indeed - I'd never use them as-is.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    why? it is not uncommon to have angled side support for suspension machines. all the "K" supports are that way.

granted that 6/12 o'clock are taking up much more force, the angle is not that acute.

the purpose is to use the geometry and the force of the mains strings to hold down the 6/12 oclock position.

whomever designed this seems rather concerned with the racket getting dislodged of its mounting, as there is also a screwdown on the side support as well.

6. Sparky

Sparky Regular Member

I guess having one clamp is better than nothing. Just seems more logical to put 2 clamps.
    the 12/6 would have been nicer if they secured the racket down like many machines do. But i didnt have any problems with racket movement. I found these supports worked well for me. I would be worried without the side supports. Thanks for the input.

7. silentheart

Here is my problem with angled n/s support. Unless you have a perfect flat plane for all 6 mounting point, you will warp the racquet when you mount and tension. It will put unnecessary force on the frame. If the N/S holding is straight and not angled, the racquet can move up or down a little to compensate while this can not.

8. silentheart

Yes, 1 fix clamp is good for starting main and clamp crosses. I really don't like this machine because the original design thought was to string your mains from one side to another hence 1 fix clamp is sufficient. However, it is really bad for badminton racquet. So, if you have 2 fly clamps to use for mains, do so.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The K brackets are at least twice as wide, and 12 o'clock is the thinnest part of the frame - that's all:).

I fear a load spreader will split if used with these angles...