Can I wear a volleyball shoes inside a badminton court

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by azman1980, Feb 25, 2012.

1. azman1980

azman1980 New Member

QAQC Manager
    I've bought a mizuno wave tornado 6 as my badminton shoes,however during my game i've been asked to live the court by the court owner and he said that my shoes will damage the court, is it true?

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I know some owners are very picky on the bottom sole of the shoes as the black sole may leave mark on the mat floor and quite difficult to clean, however, you should ask the owner if black sole is in fact the reason? And if you notice, most of the indoor court shoes have light yellowish bottom sole.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's a bit unfair. the Wave Tornado was designed to be an indoor shoe and should be non-marking.

4. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I had the Wave Tornado 5 before I went for actual baddy shoes... They never marked the hardwood floor at my gym. However I can make one comment on Wave Tornado...
    They aren't very good for lateral movement and I personally believe it was the leading cause for my shin splints... But just my opinion...

5. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Compare the soles of the two shoes types. Badminton shoe usually have rounded edges on the sides of the soles to allow quicker lateral movements (at the expense of lateral stability).

It takes a while for your footwork to become accustomed to this lack of lateral support and new found speed - take it easy when switching between the two.