ClearOne Orlando!

Discussion in 'USA East' started by towbsss, Feb 25, 2012.

1. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Hey everyone,

ClearOne Badminton, originating in Vancouver, Canada, is expanding all the way out to Orlando, Florida! The facility will have 13 courts. For more information, including directions, rates, and photos about ClearOne Orlando, please visit:

http://clearonebadminton.com/index.php/contactus/clearone-orlando

:)

Uh... can someone please remove the URL from the thread post please? :p

2. raceto21

raceto21 Regular Member

this place is a delight!
    climate controlled, clean , friendly people. had a chance to play with several thai players there. if they represent the kind of players there then definitely clearone orlando would be a club where FRIENDLY and EXCELLENT SHUTTLERS gather .
    i really enjoyed the lighting and overall layout of this place. what a difference a black divider "hanging thing" between the courts can make ( something socal clubs should look into and definitely invest on).
    i usually dont bother to share "my good finds" like this one but I WANT THIS PLACE TO THRIVE AND CONTINUE TO BE SUCCESSFUL. i heard they have been getting busier and its only been a few weeks since they have been open. kind of a challenge to find but its located at the farthest part of a large warehouse looking facility. reminds me of lofts in chicago, kinda spartan outside but well-appointed inside.
    thanks to rob for keeping the place open way past closing time- JUST FOR US ( my bro-in laws family and myself/wife plus some other friends). ben, who stayed behind to close the place later, was ever so helpful and nice. thrive and prosper clearone orlando florida! i shall return.

3. eeyore12345

eeyore12345 Regular Member

It's unfortunate that they don't offer monthly or annual memberships. :/

4. mason_lin

mason_lin New Member

Best place to play in east coast in my opinion

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Glad to hear it! My family is visiting the area in November. I'll be needing somewhere to go for a few hours to get the Disney music out of my head. :rolleyes:

6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Dropped by for a look-see at Clear One Orlando last week while on vacation.

Lovely facility, if a little hard to find. Thank goodness for GPS!
    Good floors, good lighting and lots of room around the courts.

The place was just about to close, but the manager was very kind in letting me poke my nose about. Enjoyed a nice chat with the one of the owners, who was visiting from Vancouver. Fascinating gentleman.

Wishing Clear One Orlando all success in their business!

7. watney

watney New Member

thought i'd put my 2 cents in. just played there this afternoon, am in Florida for business and was looking for a place to play.

this place is top notch, friendly people to boot.

8. anjoooo

anjoooo Regular Member

My girlfriend and I are visiting Orlando next year between 4 April - 12 April and are hoping to play some badminton while we're there.

Can anyone explain the best way to hook up with some people to play at ClearOne? Or, is anybody willing to host a couple of friendly Aussies (albeit, asian Aussies!) in their group for a couple of sessions? My gf and I are of about a high intermediate standard.

9. anjoooo

anjoooo Regular Member

Can anyone tell me what the best days/times are to go to ClearOne? Specifically, when is it relatively busy (so that it's easy to find someone to play with)?

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Any good players in Orlando? Any late evening games after I visit mickey mouse? ;) I brought my rackets tho.

11. ToyotaLexus

ToyotaLexus New Member

I visited there recently and best time for intermediate drop-in players are Tues(6-10pm) and Sunday(1-5pm). Also Friday(6-10pm) is good time.
    I suggest you to contact them in advance and make sure they are open when you plan to come.
    As someone said, this place is one of the best courts you can play badminton in East Coast USA. Drop-in players are very welcome and staffs are very nice. $7 fee for drop-in is not bad at all for this excellent courts.:)

12. anjoooo

anjoooo Regular Member

Thanks for the info! Anybody know when the more advanced players play as well?

13. velazquez2pr

velazquez2pr New Member

The advanced players play every sunday from 12 to 6pm. Sunday is the busy day but some of advanced players also play friday 6pm to 10pm.

14. anjoooo

anjoooo Regular Member

Awesome, thanks for that. How advanced are we talking? National level? If so...probably a bit too good for me...

15. hendrywin

hendrywin New Member

badminton coach
    My name is Hendry and I will be in Orlando next month,and will work with clearone badminton centre in Orlando,looking forward to start working there...

16. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Yes, let's give a better introduction to Hendry!

Hendry Winarto is originally from Indonesia and was coaching and sparring in Spain for the past 7 years. He is fluent in Indonesian, Spanish and English. He is a very talented player and a fine coach, producing and assisting many of the top players in Spain. He has accomplished results in winning the Spanish League Team event for his club and has travelled and competed throughout Europe in many International events. As a very accomplished coach, we are lucky to have him at ClearOne Orlando as a full-time coach! Perhaps Orlando may soon become a Pan-Am training center in the future because of Hendry's success in Spain and ability to communicate with his players, especially in Spanish!

Good Luck Hendry!