Where do you learn how to string?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by TheNoob, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TheNoob

TheNoob Regular Member

student
    I've always wondered about where one learns hows to string. Is there a school? lessons or classes? or manuals? Also how hard is it to learn?

2. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    I learned from my localstringer but I heard there are some classes in europe. There are also manuals for sale online.learning if different per person. Personally, memorizing how to do knots is the hardest part

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    is there any video on how to string?

4. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    There probably ia, look it up

5. kingzzz

kingzzz Regular Member

A couple of youtube vids to get started. Best way to learn is just to try it one some spare rackets till you get the hang of it.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Yes, I learned and perfected my stringing skill from a monastery in a far away mountain and trained by the masters with different kind of machine types. Every day we students string 100+ racquets of different type with our bare hands and make sure the string tension variant is less than 0.1%. At time of leaving the monastery, a set of BG65 was stitched into our arm to show how far we come from.
    Yes, the student who can not amke it in the group will have their finger chopped off to ensure no more low quality string job. One student was so determin that his fingers was chopped but he finished the course with his toes.

#6 silentheart, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i learn from hanging out in badminton shops, and then listen to what people write here, and then some common sense.

in the modern computer age, you guys have it much easier with many youtube videos on stringing. the only issue is to know how to filter out the good and bad techniques.

if time allows and if i ever get a fixed clamp machine, i will produce more videos on stringing.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Check this site, ask question among local experts, practice, practice and more practice

9. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

Engineering software developer www.elitesoft.com
    I think there are more of us who learned on their own than who were trained by someone. With all the internet resources and especially all the experts on BC so willing to help, it has never been easier to teach yourself how to string a racket. A beginner can quickly learn to perform high quality stringing work. It's speed without loss of quality that takes a long time to develop. So don't worry about needing hands on instruction, just buy a machine and start doing it. Once you have completed your first racket, you will wonder why you were ever so worried about being able to learn the process.

10. silentheart

Just in case anyone want to know where the mystical island mountain is. It is the place call Yoneyama.

11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

you were lucky mate. and imagine that we have to do it standing up, blindfolded and in the dark!

oops, wrong thread.

12. silentheart

Those dirty comments are the one gets you in trouble.:)