Funny Badminton Moments from Your Experience?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by logicaler, Feb 28, 2012.

1. logicaler

logicaler Regular Member

Student
    I am not sure if there is a thread up on this topic, but i would like to hear of funny badminton moments from your time in badminton. I remember in a tournament once, my friend was wearing long tracksuit and he was going to take it off thinking he had shorts underneath, but when he took it off he was just in his underwear standing there for a few seconds xD

2. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

During a junior coaching session one of the players was having some practice with two feeders. The feeders got a little confused and both hit a high feed at the same time to the practice player. The practice player hit both shuttles at exactly the same time, one went as a clear to the rearcourt and the other was a fast drop. How to practice clears and drops in one go!

3. Damaoren

Damaoren Regular Member

Student
    Lol, when I was in a competition my friend's pants broke a giant hole when he was stretching for the shuttle. He needed a time out for a change lol.
    Another funny time was when I injured myself from a slide because my sweaty friend dived at that spot ==!

4. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

a player frame hit the shuttle which popped up and over to the adjacent player on a court beside us. that player was preparing to smash a clear, and smashed our shuttle, and won the rally.

noone knew which bird he had hit so they gave him the point since he smashed a bird regardless

5. hn8790

hn8790 Regular Member

Business Systems Manager
    I coach kids on the weekend and the one day I made up this game based on dodgeball but using shuttlecocks, so I explained the rules and asked all the kids if they understood. A small 8 year old boy innocently said "Soooo it's like dodgeball, but using shuttlecocks, is it called dodge-cock?". I was horrified at the name he had just made up for the game and had to quickly correct him. The last thing I want is kids going home telling their parents that coach made them play a game called "dodge-cock"! To this day the game still has no name!

6. thejym

thejym Regular Member