Professional Stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Feb 29, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I agree with the intro paragraph.

Second paragraph is more blowing hot air than less than 50% truth. He work for Wilson, so he pushes Wilson machine. Yes, Bairado is very nice and I do get a very consistent string job everytime. but with me knowing my Klippermate M140, I get a consistent job good enough that only most picky player noticed it when i told them I have switched my machine. Just like this quote "It is not how big your d*ck is, it is how you use it."

Reg Pattern, what is standard pattern? The "standard" he was referring is actually the non-recommended pattern for main from 1 side to another and 1 piece from throat up. My opinion on this is, only less than 50% of the so call "Professional" stringer string that way in tennis world. Less but still a good amount in our world. In badminton world, you need to follow the pattern provided by the manufacture to ensure the racquet plays the way it was designed. If you want to change it a little to add here and there, that is customer's right.

Consistency. It is a big word. It is easy to do with a good electronic tension head. It is not hard to do if you are "in the zone" with crank or drop weight. It is all get to know your machine.

Conclusion: He is just want to justify that his pricing point of $50 string job is worth it.

3. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

I agree with Silent Heart. The article is a total puff piece to elevate his image. Only string top to bottom?! c'mon, man. I know that many manufacturers recommend bottom up, and even around the world. This guy may be a good string technician, but it seems like stringing for Agassi and Sherapova went to his head.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

First and last paragraphs, yes. Indeed, the last paragraph should have come second for me.

The machine... in all honesty, if I got my racket back the same every time, and moreso if I got a pair of matched rackets back every time, I wouldn't give a toss which machine was used. I can tell by looking how much care has gone into a stringjob, but not which machine was used.

Patterns... I've seen some evidence that there is no difference between 1-piece and 2-piece top down (at least in tennis), but his comment about TD being less stressful for the racket is debatable with tennis and outright wrong with badminton.

5. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Interesting... perhaps for tennis, but I don't believe the 490 racquets strung in a day to be a real record. I'm sure there are factories (villages) in China that string badminton racquets would surpass that number.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

There are 12 machine in that room if I remember correct. given that there are about 10 stringers all the time. each stringer can string 3+ racquet an hr. It took about 10 hr to do the 490 from the team of 25 stringers. It was record for the US Open stringer. Not too big of deal in my opinion.